With the launch of Reliance Jio services in India, the craze for 4G VoLTE supported phones has spiked up. As of now, most of the Android mobiles come with 4G LTE support, but there are only a handful of phones that support 4G VoLTE. So, in this article, let us look at some of the best mobiles with 4G VoLTE feature in India.
Difference between 4G LTE and 4G VoLTE?
The LTE technology is used mainly for data connectivity, while the voice calls are handled by either 2G or 3G network. Whereas, the VoLTE (Voice over LTE) let the users make voice calls through the 4G network and hence the quality of the call would be top-notch. Many providers commonly call it as ‘HD calling’.
As of now Jio is offering its 4G VoLTE services on 3 bands namely LTE Band #3, #5, and #40 on 1800 MHz, 850 MHz, and 2300 MHz respectively. So, if you enjoy HD quality conversations on your mobile, then you either need to have a 4G VoLTE phone or get a new one that comes with the feature.
Note: All 4G VoLTE mobiles also support 4G LTE network, but the opposite is not possible to the full extent. And, all the below Smartphones work with Jio 4G SIMs.
To make your job simpler, I’ve listed only those 4G VoLTE supported mobiles that are worth the price tag.
4G VoLTE Phones Under Rs.5,000
- Lyf Flame 1 | Rs.4123 | Amazon.in
- Xolo Era X | Rs.5499 | Amazon.in
- Yu Yuphoria | Rs.5499 | Amazon.in
- LYF Wind 6 | Rs. 5899 | Amazon.in
- Samsung Z2 | Rs.4590 | PayTM
- Yu Yunique | Rs.5119 | Amazon.in
4G VoLTE Smartphones under Rs.7,000
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime | Rs.6999 | Flipkart.com
- LYF Flame 1 | Rs.6395 | Amazon.in
- Yu Yureka Plus | Rs.7999 | Amazon.in
- LG Spirit 4G LTE | Rs.7599 | Flipkart.com
4G VoLTE Mobiles under Rs.10,000
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 | Rs.9999/Rs.11999 | Amazon.in
- Lenovo K3 Note | Rs.9199 | Flipkart.com
- Lenovo Vibe K4 Note | Rs.10999 | Amazon.in
- Meizu M3 Note | Rs.9999 | Amazon.in
- Moto G 3rd Gen | Rs.10999 | Flipkart.com
- Samsung Galaxy Core Prime 4G | Rs.9999 | Flipkart.com
- Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro 2016 | Rs.9750 | Amazon.in
- Samsung Galaxy On5 | Rs.8490 | Flipkart.com
- Samsung Galaxy On7 | Rs.8990 | Flipkart.com
- LYF Water 5 | Rs.7599 | Amazon.in
- Panasonic Eluga l2 | Rs.7999 | Amazon.in
- Motorola Moto G4 Play | Rs.8999 | Amazon.in
4G VoLTE Mobile Phones below Rs.15,000
- Samsung Galaxy J7 (2016) | Rs.15999 | Amazon.in
- Lenovo Vibe K5 Note Rs.13499 | Flipkart.com
- LeEco Le2 | Rs.11999 | Flipkart.com
- Motorola Moto G4 Plus | Rs.14999 | Amazon.in
- Xiaomi Mi Max | Rs.14999 | Flipkart.com
- Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 Edition | Rs.11990 | Flipkart.com
- Yu Yunicorn | Rs.13500 | Flipkart.com
4G VoLTE Android Phones Under Rs.20,000
- Lenovo Z2 Plus | Rs.17999 | Amazon.in
- Gionee S6 | Rs.16999 | Amazon.in
- Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A500G | Rs.19500 | Amazon.in
- Motorola Moto X Play | Rs.16990 | Amazon.in
4G VoLTE supported Handsets Under Rs.25,000
- Gionee Marathon M5 Plus | Rs.22929 | Amazon.in
- LeEco Le Max 2 | Rs.22999 | Flipkart.com
- LG G3 | Rs.25490 | Flipkart.com
- Xiaomi Mi 5 | Rs.22999 | Flipkart.com
Phones with 4G VoLTE support Under Rs.30,000
- OnePlus 3 | Rs.27999 | Amazon.in
- Samsung Galaxy A8 | Rs.27999 | Amazon.in
- Samsung Galaxy A7 2016 | Rs.26990 | Amazon.in
4G VoLTE Phones Above 30000
- Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge | Rs.34000 | Amazon.in
- Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge | Rs.45000 | Amazon.in
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Rs.41800 | Amazon.in
Can We Convert LTE Phones into VoLTE?
Yes, the Jio 4G Voice android app is introduced to help the existing 4G LTE users to get benefitted from the 4G VoLTE HD calling services and below is the exact steps you need to follow to convert your regular 4G LTE mobile into a VoLTE supported handset.
Note: You need to have a Jio SIM number in order to get this process working. Also remember that this is just a temporary solution and for a much better HD calling and high speed 4G data connectivity, do consider upgrading your 4G LTE handset to a VoLTE supported device.
- First of all, download and install the Jio4GVoice app on your mobile.
- Once done, open the app and allow access to your contacts, messages etc…when asked.
- Next, enter your Jio SIM number and afer verification, it will change the default calling and messaging app to Jio4GVoice.
That’s it! Now, all your calls and messages will be handled by the Jio4GVoice app. However, do remember that you cannot send file attachements to non-jio users as of now.