With ever increasing air pollution, diseases such as asthma, COPD (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder) and lung cancer are becoming widely prevalent among children and elderly people. Even healthy adults are becoming vulnerable to airborne toxicants.
Installing a best rated air purifier can reduce the risk of respiratory illnesses significantly by removing ultra-fine particles, allergens, dust, pollen, harmful gases, bacteria and viruses from the indoor air.
Top Air Purifiers in India
|Air Purifier for Home||Overall Rating|
|Philips 3000 Series AC3256 (Top Rated)|
|Philips AC4012/10 (2nd Best)|
|Philips 1000 Series AC1215/20|
|Atlanta Healthcare Beta 350|
|Mi Air Purifier (Budget Friendly)|
Here are a few important specs to consider while choosing an air purifier:
- Prefilter – This is the basic filter in any air purifier that traps large particles such as hair, pet dander, and dust.
- Activated Carbon – Activated carbon filter adsorbs toxic gases, odours, mildew and volatile organic compounds such as pesticides.
- HEPA – High-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter is 99.97% efficient in removing particles with 0.3micron size or greater.
- UV-C Lamp – It emits short wave UV light that destroys airborne microorganisms captured on the HEPA filter surface.
In this post, we have listed some of the best air purifiers in India and the Philips 3000 Series AC3256 AeraSense Air Purifier is out top pick because of its advanced air purification technology and sustainability.
Best Rated Air Purifiers in India under 25000
#1.Philips 3000 Series AC3256 AeraSense Air Purifier
Philips 3000 Series Air Purifier with AeraSense & VitaShield IPS tops the list of best air purifier in India because of its wide range of features, advanced air purification technology and sustainability. The advanced AeraSense technology measures and displays real-time indoor air quality. VitaShield Intelligent Purification System (IPS) naturally removes 99.97% allergens and ultra-fine particles as small as 0.02 microns. It covers an area of 818sq.ft and the Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) is 367 meters cube per hour. The all new NanoProtectTM S3 filters consist of a prefilter, Activated Carbon filter and 2 HEPA layers that filter dust, pollen, hair, bad odours, harmful gases, bacteria, H1N1 virus, pet dander, etc. The product, although a bit pricey, provides true value for money. It comes with 2 years warranty.
- AeraSense fine particle PM2.5 sensor
- NanoProtect S3 Activated Carbon and True HEPA filters
- VitaShield IPS Technology
- Room size coverage of up to 818 square feet
- CADR (cigarette smoke): 367 meters cube per hour
- Real-time PM2.5 measurement and display with professional-grade air quality sensing technology
- Dedicated Special Allergen mode
- Ultra Silent sleep mode
- 3 specially designed air inlets for maximum efficiency and performance
- Stand-by power consumption: Lesser than 0.5 watts
- Sensor touch panel for easy user interface
- 3 Specially designed air inlets for maximum efficiency
- Turbo mode for faster purification
- Powerful airflow with vortex design
- No ionizer
- Low power consumption in stand-by mode
- Healthy Air Protect Alert lets you know when it is time to replace the filter
- No remote control option
- Bit heavy weight
Best Air Purifiers for Home under 15000
#2.Philips AC4012/10 36-Watt Tulip Air Purifier
The AC4012/10 from Philips is the best air purifier for home that provides a number of decent features within the budget. VitaShield Intelligent Purification System (IPS) contains 3 filters — prefilter, Activated Carbon filter and HEPA that removes ultrafine particles, allergens, bacteria and viruses less than 0.02 microns in size. The Smart Sensor measures and controls the air quality inside the room. It comes with a dedicated sleep mode where the fan speed and noise level are reduced and energy consumption is minimised. The purifier silently purifies the air and lets you enjoy undisturbed sleep. The 3-step fan speed lets you adjust the air flow as per your liking. The appliance comes with 1/4/8 hour timers, so it operates for a set number of hours and then turns off automatically. Healthy air protect alert proves a timely warning to replace the filter. It comes with a 2 year warranty.
- 3-step fan speed
- 1/4/8 hours easy-to-set timer
- 3-step light indicators show air quality level
- Dedicated Sleep mode cleans silently with dimmed indicators
- Good quality prefilter, HEPA filter and activated carbon filter
- No ionizer
- CADR rate: 160m3/hr
- Effective filtration efficiency (of 0.3 microns):0.9997
- Air quality indicator
- No dedicated allergen or pollution mode
- No real-time PM2.5 display
- No auto mode or silent mode
- No humidifier
#3.Philips 1000 Series AC1215/20 Air Purifier
The Philips 1000 Series AC1215/20 Air Purifier is the best portable room air purifier that offers a lot of features for the price. VitaShield IPS (Intelligent Purification System) Technology comes with Auto Mode & Allergen Mode that filters 99.97% ultrafine particles as small as 0.02 micros, allergens, bacteria and viruses and provides hassle-free air monitoring based on real time PM2.5 levels. The ultra-silent Nightsense mode with automatic light sensing adjusts the speed of the fans and dims the lights for comfortable sleep. 4 different fan speeds helps to adjust the speed o the fan as your room size or pollution level. Healthy Air Protect alert lets you know then it’s time to replace the filters and Smart Air Quality Sensor displays real-time air quality. It Covers room sizes of up to 677 sq.ft and CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) is 270 m3/hour.
- Extra-thick NanoProtect TRUE HEPA Series 1 Filter
- VitaShield IPS (Intelligent Purification System) Technology with Auto Mode & Allergen Mode
- Ultra-silent Nightsense mode
- 100% Ozone Free with no harmful chemicals or ozone released
- 4-color air quality indicator
- 3 protective filters-prefilter, activated carbon filter adn HEPA filter
- Dedicated allergen mode
- Smart light control
- Nightsense Auto Mode
- Multiple Fan Speeds
- Not so silent Ultra-silent Nightsense mode
#4.Philips AC4025 40 -Watt Air Purifier
Philips has brought out some of the best air purifiers in India and the Philips AC4025 40 -Watt Air Purifier is no different. Its advanced filtration system eliminates harmful agents from the air in 3 stages – antibacterial prefilter, activated carbon filter and HEPA filter. The prefilter removes big particles such as human hair, the activated carbon filter removes odor and harmful gases and the HEPA filter filters our fine dust, mould, bacteria, viruses and germs. It has a dedicated sleep mode in which the purifier operates very quietly with dimmed lights to allow restful sleep. It the sleep mode the energy consumption is reduced considerably. The healthy air protect alert provides a timey warning then the filter needs to be replaced. 3-step fan speeds let you adjust air flow as per your liking. 1/4/8 hours easy-to-set timer makes sure that purifier operates for the set number of hours and then automatically switches off. The CADR rate of the appliance in 127 m3/h and it filters out dust and pollen up to 91.2%, filters bacteria up to 99.9%.
- Advanced filtration system – activated carbon filter, HEPA filter
- Sleep mode and healthy air protect alert
- 3-step fan speed
- 1 or 4 or 8 hours easy-to-set timer
- Purifier with dedicated sleep mode
- 0% ozone generation
- Dedicated sleep mode for power saving
- 3-step fan speed to adjust air flow as per room size or pollution level
- Easy-to-set timers
- Simple user interface
- No separate pre-filter
- No remote control option
- CADR- Clean Air Delivery rate is less compared to other models
- No dedicated allergen, pollution and bacteria and virus mode
#5.Atlanta Healthcare Beta 350 43-Watt Air Purifier
The Atlanta Healthcare Beta 350 43-Watt Air Purifier is one of the best air purifiers in India that has high quality air filtration technology for its modest price range. It has a 7-stage air purification process that removes dust (PM10, PM2.5), gases, smoke, bad odour, allergens and air-borne infectants. The filters include a pre-filter, HEPA filter, anti-bacterial filter, activated carbon, photo catalyst oxidization, UV light and ionizer. The pre-filter removes dust, pollen, dust mite and hair, the anti bacterial filter kills bacteria, the HEPA filter removes fine dust, smoke and pollen, the activated carbon filter removes bad odor, formaldehyde and VOCs, the Photo Catalyst filter removes allergens, infectants and mildew, the UV filter neutralizes air borne microbes and the ionizer neutralizes suspended particles so that you get clean and fresh air. Timer and Auto Start options let you set the timer for 1 to 12 hours and the machine starts automatically in case of power failure. The filter change indicator gives a timely warning when it’s time to change the filters. Super Silence Technology with advanced ultra-silent motor reduces the noise level to sub 45 decibel. The appliance is priced at Rs.11,960 and comes with a 1 year warranty on product.
- 7-stage air purification
- Super Silence Technology
- Pollution Sensor
- UV Lamp
- Remote control
- Easy installation and operation
- Filters can be changed manually
- No humidifier
- Relatively poor CADR
Good Quality Air Purifiers for Home under 10000
#6.Mi Air Purifier 2 AC M2 AA Portable Room Air Purifier
The Mi Air Purifier from Xiaomi is relatively new in the market but it provides some great features for the price. It is an efficient portable room air purifier that comes with a 360° triple-layer filter and provides 400 sq.ft. coverage. It has Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) of 310m3/h and takes just 10 minutes to circulate purified air in a 21m2 room. The advanced aerodynamic pressure system of the purifier draws air inwards from the base and expels purified air upwards so purified air reaches even the farthest corners of your room. The 360° cylindrical filter takes air from all direction and removes particles larger than 0.3μm with a high-density EPA filter. The activated coconut carbon filter removes formaldehyde, bad odour and other harmful substances. Although, the appliance has easy-to-use control buttons but you can also use your phone as a remote by downloading the Mi Home app. The advanced aerodynamics makes the appliance ultra-quite and silent. It consumes much less power (4.8 w) compared to other air purifiers. It is priced below 10000 rupees and comes with 1 year manufacturer warranty.
- Air flow level: 310cu.m/hr
- 11 speed settings
- 3D air flow circulation
- Clean Air Delivery Rate: 310CMH
- Activated carbon filter and HEPA filter
- LED display
- Intelligent Speed Adjustment
- Temperature and Humidity sensor
- Lightweight, easy to install and operate
- Mobile phone can be used as remote by downloading the Mi Home App
- Ultra Energy-efficient Nidec DC Motor for less power consumption
- Low noise level of 30 dB
- No ionizer
- No humidifier
- No child lock
- No UV lamp
#7.Moonbow AP-A8400UIN Portable Room Air Purifier
The Moonbow AP-A8400UIN is a compact and complete air purifier that offers a wide range of features which makes it ideal for home and office use. It comes with a prefilter, True HEPA filter, Activated carbon filter, UV lamp and Refreshing energizer with gives you clear and fresh air. The washable prefilter captures large particles such s human hair, visible dust, etc. The True HEPA filter traps allergens and air borne contaminants up to 0.3 microns. The activated carbon filter removes odor and other VOCs. The UV light destroys bacteria, viruses, fungi and other microorganisms. The Refreshing Energizer generates negative ions that refresh the air. The smart indicator alerts you when it’s time to replace the filter. It has low noise level and at 4.2 kg, it is extremely portable.
- CADR – 215 m3/h
- Area Coverage: Up to 400 sq.ft
- Prefilter, HEPA filter, Activated carbon filter, UV lamp and refreshing energizer
- Capable of dealing with PM 2.5 level of pollution
- Lightweight and extremely portable
- UV lamp eliminates germs up to 99%
- The Refreshing Energizer makes the air close to nature
- Low noise level and timer control
- 1 year extended warranty free
- No air quality indicator
- No auto function
- No dust and odor sensor
- No remote control
#8.Honeywell Move Pure Air Purifier for Car
Honeywell is one of the renowned air purifier brands in India and Honeywell Move Pure Car Air Purifier is one of the most efficient car air purifiers that removes dust, TVOC, odor, cigarette smoke, fabric pollutants and dust effectively. The appliance is extremely portable and can be installed on the rear parcel tray or dashboard surface. It comes with multi-layer filtration technology – double layer activated carbon filter and high grade HEPA filter that removes PM2.5. It is extremely simple to operate with a one-button operation for power on/off and changing fan mode. In-car air purification cycle of the device is up to 4 times per hour. It comes with 12 months standard warranty.
- High grade HEPA filter
- Advanced double layer active carbon filter
- Powerful in-car air purification: CADR 12 Cu m/hr
- Filter replacement reminder
- Noise level – ≤ 49dB
- Simple one button operation
- Easy to install and use
- Flexible and long connecting cable
- Low noise level
- Silent and High performance operating modes
- Reduced efficiency when used with car fragrance and sprays
#9.Atlanta Healthcare Alfa 351 40-Watt Air Purifier
The Alfa 351 from Atlanta Health Care is a budget air purifier suitable for home office and indoor spaces up to 350 square feet. The purification process includes a prefilter, HEPA filter, activated carbon filter and cold catalyst filter to remove dust, suspended particulate matter, air borne bacteria, viruses and lingering smells. It also has a negative ion generator for improving the air quality. The advanced ultra-silent motors used in the purifier ensure absolute silence with noise levels as low as sub 45 decibel. The appliance is easy to install and operate. It comes with 1 year warranty.
- Advanced multi-stage air filtration technology
- Contains prefilter, HEPA filter, Activated carbon filter and cold catalyst filter
- Silent operation with noise level less than 45 dB
- Timer and fan speed control
- Auto start
- Remote control
- Multi-stage air filtration technology
- Portable and compact
- Simple plug and play operation
- No UV lamp
- No Anti-bacterial filter
- No humidifier
- Bit noisy
Best Portable Air Purifier below 5000
#10.Kent Ozone Room Air Purifier
The Ozone Room Air Purifier from Kent is a portable and functional air purifier that can be installed in homes, offices and kitchens. It is ideal for a room size up to 150 sq.ft. The purifier is based on revolutionary Ozone disinfection technology that destroys bacteria, virus, fungi and other pathogens present in the air. It also removes cigarette smoke, gases, chemical fumes, allergens, etc and neutralizes stale and foul odor. It has extremely silent operation and it comes with a 3-mode selector to suit different requirements. The device does not require any servicing or changing of parts. It comes with a 1 year warranty.
- Ozone disinfection technology
- Silent operation
- 3-mode selector to suit different requirements
- Ideal for a room size of up to 150 sq ft
- Portable device, can be installed on table top or counter
- Does not require servicing or replacement of parts
- Disinfects, deodorizes and purifies air rapidly
- Does not use consumables for producing Ozone
- More of an air disinfectant than an air purifier
- Does not remove fine dust particles and suspended particles in air
- It uses Ozone disinfection technology; ozone can be extremely dangerous for health
Things to Know Before Buying an Air Purifier
Before selecting an air purifier, it is important to have knowledge about some basic terms and abbreviations related to air purification methods.
- Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): CADR is a merit that shows that a cubic feet per minute (CFM) of air has had all the particles of giver size distribution removed. In case of air purifiers, it is the fraction of particles that have been removed from the air times the CFM air flow rate through the device. There are three CADRs for air purifiers – smoke, pollen and dust. A higher number indicates better filtration.
- HEPA filtration: High-efficiency particulate arrestance or high-efficiency particulate air is a type of air filter that removes 99.97% of particles with size of 0.3 µm. The HEPA filters are manufactured by randomly arranging mats of fibers made of fibreglass with diameters between 0.5 and 2.0 micrometers. HEPA filters remove large contaminants such as allergens, mould, dust, pollen, pet dander, mildew, dust mites, etc. It is especially useful for people with asthma or hay fever.
- Activated carbon layer: Activated carbon filter or activated charcoal filter consists of a vast system of pores of molecular size that are highly absorbent. Activated carbon forms a strong chemical bond with odorous, gaseous and liquid contaminants and organic chemicals and compounds and removes them from the air.
- Negative ionizer: Negative ionizers cleans the air by charging the particulates. The particles are drawn into the air purifier where they are ionized and negatively charged and then sent back to the air where they are attracted to positively charged walls, furniture, etc. where they collide with them and fall to the floor. It frees the air from particulates.
- Prefilter: A prefilter is the first step in the filtration process and all air purifiers must have it. The prefilter’s job is to capture large particles such as dust, fur, hair, pollen and prevent debris from getting into the main filter. Most prefilters can be washed and replaced to ensure long lifespan of the air purifier.
So, now that you have seen the list of best air purifiers in India in different price range from different brands, choose the one that meets your requirements and don’t forget to share your experience with us.