CCTV cameras provide remote surveillance for home, office, gardens and garage – all in your laptop, computer or smartphone so that you can keep track of your kid’s activates, ensure safety of elderly and keep check on intruders and trespassers.
Now, when it comes to choosing a CCTV camera, one can go for a single IP camera or a fully fledged and expandable CCTV surveillance system as per one’s requirements.
Before we get on with our list of best CCTV camera in India, let us take a look at few specs that must be taken into account while buying a CCTV Camera:
- Day/Night Vision – Opt for a surveillance camera that has both day and night vision. Look for IR (Infrared) cut-off filter to ensure integrated night vision.
- Camera type – Decide between analogue, High Definitions (HD) and Internet Protocol (IP) cameras, IP and HD cameras being top end cameras in the market.
- Type and Quality of the Imaging Chip – CCTV cameras produce images using CMOS or CCD chips. Low priced cameras use CMOS technology and produce poor quality video. Decent quality cameras use CCD technology.
- Light level – Light level is measured in Lux. The lower the Lux, the less light the camera will take to reproduce a clear image.
The Hikvision CCTV Security System with Turbo DS is our top pick – it is the top quality product with high-end specs for those who can afford it. D3D Wireless IP Camera is our most recommended product because it provides great value for its price.
Top-Rated CCTV Camera in India
|CCTV Camera||Specifications||Buy Online|
|Hikvision CCTV Security System||1MP bullet cameras & Replaceable 1TB Memory||Check the Price|
|Foscam C1||115 degree viewing angle & PIR motion detection||Check the Price|
|IFITech Foscam||155 degree viewing angle, dual audio & motion detection||Check the Price|
|D3D||720P(1280 x 720), VGA(640 x 360), QVGA(320 x 180)||Check the Price|
|D-Link||Built-In Wi-Fi Extender, Audio & motion detection alerting||Check the Price|
|Sricam SP Series||Inbuilt IR lenses, Horizontal and vertical camera rotation||Check the Price|
|CP Plus CP-VCG-T20L3||6mm lens, 36 IR LEDS and up to 30 meters night vision||Check the Price|
|CP Plus HDCVI IR||6mm Lens with IR Range of 30 Mtr||Check the Price|
|CP Plus CP-GAC-DC1000L2H2||20 meters of IR range, Compatible with analog DVR||Check the Price|
|Tubros HIKVISION Bullet||Full HD720P video output & Up to 20 meter IR distance||Check the Price|
|Dahua||1/2.9″ 1Megapixel CMOS image sensor||Check the Price|
|LIO 800TVL IR||6mm Fixed Lens, 36 LEDs & up to 15 meters range||Check the Price|
The Hikvision CCTV Security System is the best CCTV camera in India. It is a complete security kit for your office and home that comes with a DVR, four 1MP bullet cameras, 1TB replaceable hard disk drive, full-length (90 meter) super-solid active cable and active power supply. The security system covers recording time of approximately 6 to 8 days. The 1TB hard disk drive can be replaced with a 2TB or 4TB HDD. The security system also has HDMI and VGA ports.
- High-end Digital Video Recorder
- 1MP bullet cameras
- 90M CCTV cable
- Replaceable 1TB Memory
- Both day and night vision cameras
- Good picture clarity
- Huge recording time
- Replaceable HDD
- HDMI and VGA ports
- No remote
- Cameras only weather proof, not water proof
Best CCTV Camera Under 6000
The Foscam C1 is the ideal CCTV camera for night vision that offers up to 26ft visibility with the powerful IR-LEDs, super wide 115 degree viewing angle, PIR motion detection and various other features. The Plug and Play feature of the CCTV camera allows the user to connect the camera via smart phone just by scanning the QR code on the camera. It sports high quality HD video combined with enhanced firmware for smoother video and better color accuracy. It comes with hard drive storage and optional Foscam Cloud remote storage. It supports remote viewing and recording and is compatible with Windows PC, Mac web browsers, iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Easy plug and play function
- High quality HD video recording
- Day/Night surveillance with powerful IR-LEDs
- Motion detection
- Wide viewing angle
- Remote viewing and recording
- Good quality design
- Supports SD Card
- Highly compatible with different OS
- Up to 26ft visibility
- Optional Foscam Cloud storage
- Low quality USB power socket
- Heating issue with cameras
- Not so powerful microphone and speaker
Best CCTV Surveillance Camera under 5000 Rs
The IFITech Foscam is the best home security camera with super wide 155 degree viewing angle, dual audio, motion detection and various other features. Its Plug and Play feature allows the CCTV camera to be connected through your smartphone. It comes with high quality HD video recording and enhanced firmware feature. The cameras have a wide 115 degree viewing angle and are best suited for day surveillance. It supports remote viewing and recording from any desktop, laptop, iPhones and Android phones. You can use the Foscam Viewer app or Live Cams Pro app.
- Excellent video quality of HD720P Dual-Stream
- Remote viewing and recording from anywhere anytime
- 115 wide viewing angle
- Motion detection alerts via email, send images to FTP
- Free FOSCAM DDNS Service and Camera Control Software
- Amazing camera clarity
- Foscam Viewer app is easy to use
- Sync with your mobile, laptop, PC
- No night vision
- No remote tilt functionality
This is the most recommended surveillance camera that provides a bundle of features at an extremely affordable price. The full HD camera comes with 360 degree mobile control, so the user can rotate the camera both horizontally and vertically from anywhere using a mobile app. The inbuilt IR lenses ensure night vision that provides crisp and clear images even in dark. Motion detection feature sends alerts whenever any motion is detected. It also sports 2 watt audio and SD card slots.
- Resolution 720P(1280 x 720), VGA(640 x 360), QVGA(320 x 180)
- Auto IR-LED illumination for night vision
- Wi-Fi Set-up with wireless standards
- Motion detection alert
- Decent quality of picture
- Excellent camera control from mobile
- No need for separate DVR
- Poor zoom options
- Difficult to clean dust particles from camera lens
The D-Link Wireless Day/Night Network Surveillance Camera is a low-cost indoor surveillance camera that offers easy set up and decent usability for its price. It is a Cloud Camera that can be connected to the existing home network. The visuals from the camera can be viewed remotely on a range of mobile devices. It has a standard-definition sensor and night vision mode but it lacks online DVR service. The user can also view the visuals in the mydlink interface and activate and adjust the motion detection and audio detection from the settings tab. It has a wireless extender mode that lets the user extend the range of the home wireless network.
- Built-In Wi-Fi Extender
- Audio detection alerting
- Motion detection alerting
- Supports multiple cameras
- Integrated Wi-Fi extender
- Zero configuration setup with other D-Link equipments
- Decent mobile apps for iOS and Android
- Compatible with Mac
- Not HD
- No online storage DVR
- Limited range night vision
- One-way audio
The Sricam SP Series is a high-end wireless indoor surveillance camera that features WiFi connectivity, HD quality video with finger slide touch to rotate the camera, motion detection, inbuilt rotating motor that rotates the camera both horizontally or vertically from anywhere in world, IR night vision and 2 way audio and SD card slots for communicating to the other side of the camera and recording videos in SD card respectively. The device supports up to 128 GB SD card.
- HD quality video
- Horizontal and vertical camera rotation
- Motion detection alerting
- Inbuilt IR lenses for night vision
- SD card slot supports up to 128 GB capacity card
- Great video quality
- Crisp and clear night visibility
- Direct recording facility on memory card and in computer
- Not static IP or Port Forwarding required to view from internet
- Video files recorded in memory can’t be downloaded or transferred to computer
- HD 720p available for live view only
- Software installation is mandatory
Best Home Security Camera under 3000 in India
The 2 MP HDCVI Night Vision Bullet Camera from CP Plus is a functional surveillance camera that is specially designed from enhanced night vision. The 6mm lens provides wide range of vision. The camera is fitted with 36 IR LEDs that ensure crisp and clear night vision with visibility of up to 30 meters. It is water and weather proof which makes it suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Wide area coverage due to 6mm lens
- 36 IR LEDS for crisp and clear images
- Up to 30 meters night vision
- 1/2.7″ 2 MP HQIS Pro Image Sensor
- Clear pictures from 2MP camera
- Crisp and clear night vision up to 30 meters
- Complicated video format
The CP Plus HDCVI IR Coral HD Camera is a high definition CCTV camera with high speed, long distance real-time transmission of up to 500 meters. It is a camera with interface-free transmission. The camera is equipped with 6 mm lens for a wide angle coverage, 1.3 mega pixel resolution for sharp and clear images. The bullet camera has IR range of 30 meters. It comes with 1/2.9″ 1.3MP HQIS Pro image sensor.
- 6mm Lens with IR Range of 30 Mtr
- 1/2.9″ 1.3MP HQIS Pro image sensor
- High speed, long distance real-time transmission
- Day/Night(ICR), AWB, AGC, BLC, 2D-DNR
- Clear picture review in remote devices
- Night vision enabled
- Waterproof and weatherproof
- No SD Card support
The CP Plus CP-GAC-DC1000L2H2 Dome IR Camera is a high-resolution IR Dome camera with 20 meters of IR range for enhanced night visibility. It is equipped with high quality image sensor, 1000 TVL high resolution camera and 3.6 mm fixed lens. The lens provides a wide range of vision and crisp and clear images. Installing the camera is extremely simple and hassle-free. It can be used and controlled remotely by syncing it with your mobile using DVR support.
- Good day/night vision
- Compatible with analog DVR
- High resolution camera
- Superior quality image sensor
- No mobile compatibility without DVR support
The Tubros HIKVISION DS-2CE16C0T-IRP (1MP) Turbo is a robust and sturdy CCTV security camera that is equipped with true day/night vision. The camera provides full HD 720p video output and can adopt with HD TVI technology. The IR distance of the camera is up to 20 meters and it is IP66 weatherproof so it can be installed both inside the house and outside. It incorporates a 1/4″ Progressive Scan CMOS image sensor and has a 3.6 mm lens with 1280×720 effective pixels.
- Full HD720P video output
- True day / night vision
- DNR, Smart IR
- Up to 20 meter IR distance
- HD 729p provides great image clarity
- Day and Night vision
- 6mm lens
- 20 meters IR distance
- Compatible only with HIKVISION HD Turbo DVR
- No memory slot
- No audio output
The Dahua DH-HAC-HFW1100SP HDCVI Bullet Camera is an affordable and highly efficient bullet camera that provides true value for money. It comes with 1/2.9″ 1Megapixel CMOS image sensor, 1280×720 effective pixels for crisp and clear images, electronic shutter and network/IP communication. It has a 2D lens that provides high definitions video output. It also incorporates noise reduction. The maximum IR LED length of the camera is 20 meters.
- 1/2.9″ 1Megapixel CMOS image sensor
- electronic shutter
- 2D Lens
- 20 meters IR LED length
- Weather and water resistant
- Excellent night vision quality
- Good camera clarity
- No memory slot
Best CCTV Camera Under 1000 Rupees
LIO 800TVL IR Night Vision Dome Camera is a budget surveillance camera that sports a number of impressive specifications. It comes with a quality image sensor, 3.6 mm fixed lens for wide angle coverage, 36 LEDs for crisp and clear night vision, horizontal resolution of 800 TVL and up to 15 meters range.
- 6mm Fixed Lens
- 36 LEDs
- Up to 15 meters range
- 1/3 Image sensor
- 800TVL Horizontal Resolution
- Good build quality and design
- Good quality image/video during real time view
- Decent color reproduction and sharpness
- No SD Card support
- DVR support required to record footage
Available on Amazon.in
Whether you choose a lone IP camera for your garage or kid’s room or a full-fledged CCTV surveillance kit for your office, it is best to opt for a product from a reputed brand that provides warranty and quality customer support for smooth functioning.