The telephone technology has come a long way from the generation of rotary dial-up phones, and with the widespread access to smartphones; do we still need to have a landline phone in our house? Yes, we do. Because when it comes to emergency situations and natural disasters, no smartphone can match the efficiency of good old land phones.
When you make an emergency call from your landline phone, it becomes extremely easy for the emergency personnel to pinpoint your exact location. Landline phones are powered by a battery, so they continue to operate through prolonged power outage and natural disasters.
Then there is the issue of family and kids. Many parents don’t want to hand a cell phone to their kids, a landline is a reliable way for the kids to stay connected and make calls without any added charges. And when it comes to businesses, an office must have a landline number because it gives a geographic location to your business and makes it an established entity. In this article, we have listed the best landline phones available in India based on their features, price and ease of use.
Best Landline Phones In India 2017
|Binatone||Inbuilt speaker & Phone book memory||Check the Price|
|Motorola||large LCD display||Check the Price|
|Panasonic||Illuminated LCD display & Built-in phonebook||Check the Price|
|Beetel||Auto-detection, Redial and Pause function||Check the Price|
|Orientel||New call,Error and Private number indicators||Check the Price|
|Gigaset||Illuminated keypad, standby time of 180 hours and talk time of 8 hours||Check the Price|
|Huawei||caller ID, phone book and alarm clock function||Check the Price|
Things to Look For While Buying a Landline Phone
Types of Landline Phone
Landline phones can be divided in to two categories – corded or cordless and analog or digital.
- Corded/Cordless – Those people who are always on the run and like to make and receive their calls while on the move should opt for a cordless phone. Cordless phones are extremely portable and versatile. If you just need a basic phone to make and answer calls in your home then you should opt for a corded phone which is much more affordable and durable than a cordless phone.
- Analog/Digital – Majority of basic landline phones are analog in nature. They are less expensive compared to digital phones but the signal quality of analog phones tends to degrade if the handset is moved away from its base. Modern digital phones make use of Spread Spectrum technique that minimizes degradation of signal by spreading out the signal over a wide frequency range.
- Answering Machine – Landline phone are available with or without answering machines. Answering machines come with a number of features such as number of rings before the machine answers the phone, on/off control switch, call screening, remote access, speaker volume control, etc. Answering machines are especially useful for those who have the stay outside the house often. But if you decide to buy a phone with an answering machine then it is important to consider the voice quality of the recorded messages.
- Number of phone lines – If you have a home office, modem or a fax machine then you might want a phone that supports two phone lines. These phones allow you to receive calls from two different numbers. These phones are useful when you want to use one line for personal calls and one line for business calls.
- Caller ID – Most modern day landline phones come with caller ID so that you can identify the caller’s number and incoming name on the display screen of the phone. Some high end landline phones can be connected to computer using a USB port to download any data associated with a phone number or put the contact information on the computer screen.
- Phone Book – Some landline phones come with inbuilt phone books where you can save your frequently dialled numbers.
- Speakerphone – This feature allows you to talk and listen to conversations on the phone without holding the receiver. This is a useful feature for family conversations and attending any meetings over phone.
Best Landline Phones in India
#1. Binatone Concept 700 Corded Landline Phone
The Binatone Concept 700 is a quality landline phone with a number of useful features available at a reasonable price. It is perfect for home and business use.
It has a sleek and sturdy build with a modest sized alphanumerical keypad, 2 line Display and LED indicator that shows incoming call details and missed call indications.
It also features an inbuilt speaker with considerable sound quality with makes it useful for hands free calls.
It has caller ID support so that you can identify the name and number of the caller. The display also shows date and time.
It has inbuilt phone book memory that can save up to 30 incoming call and 5 outgoing call memories.
This landline phone can also be used for broadband internet connectivity.
#2. Motorola CT202i Corded Phone
The Motorola CT202i is a simple and easy to use corded landline phone that comes from a reputed brand.
It has a large LCD display with 10 two touch memory keys and Caller ID so that you can know the name and number of the incoming call. The display also has a clock with alarm option and call timer so that you can set the time of your calls.
The caller ID can save up to 30 incoming and outgoing call numbers. The phone memory can save 5 redial entries.
As far as sound and audio features are concerned, the phone can be used for hands free dialling and monitoring. The speaker volume and 2 levels of volume control. You can choos and set the ringer tone from a list of 24 tones. The ringer volume can be adjusted to 5 levels.
#3. Panasonic Single Line 2.4GHz KX-TG3611SXB Digital Cordless Telephone
This is a high end cordless landline phone from Panasonic that comes with 2.4GHz frequency support.
2.4 GHz FHSS (Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum) technology used in the phone helps to provide clear sound over longer ranges and prevents degradation of signal quality.
Digital speakerphone feature present in the handset allows the user to answer the phone without interrupting your work.
The phone is powered by an AAA Ni-MH rechargeable battery that provides 11 days standby time and 5 hours talk time.
The handset has an illuminated LCD display so that you can see the incoming call details even in darkness.
The built-in phonebook present in the phone can save up to 50 names and numbers for swift and easy re-call.
It is a convenient wall mountable phone that can be set up in the kitchen or dining room wall to save space.
#4. Beetel M71 CLI Corded Phone
This is a high-end landline phone from Beetel, one of the most reputed brands in the Indian landline and modems industry.
It is a two-way speaker phone with 3 levels of volume control which makes it suitable for hands free conversation.
This landline phone has a classy and elegant feel to it which makes it suitable for office and business use.
It features a large 16-digit LCD display with green back light so that you can see the incoming call details even in darkness.
The phone features auto-detection, redial functions and pause function.
The inbuilt memory can save up to 99 incoming call details and 18 outgoing call details.
You can choose from 5 different ringing tones with 5 levels of ringing volume selection to suit your requirement.
#5. Orientel KX-T555CID Landline Caller ID Phone
This is a standard landline telephone for office and home use that has simple and easy functioning and comes with a number of useful features.
It has a compact 12 digits LCD display and soft touch dialler pad on the body of the handset which displays the incoming and outgoing call numbers. It also stores and reviews incoming and outgoing call numbers for future use.
The caller ID list present in this phone allows the user to conveniently call back from the list without the hassle of dialling the number.
The phone has new call, repeat, error and private number indicators which let you know when a private or blocked number is trying to call you.
It also features advanced FSK/DTMF system auto-detection technology that carries a caller’s information.
This phone has a sleek and attractive design that takes minimum space on your work table.
#6. Gigaset A450 Cordless Landline Phone
The Gigaset A450 is a stylish and sleek cordless landline phone suitable for both home and office use.
It comes with Caller ID and Speakerphone features that allow you to check the incoming caller name and number and talk on the phone without using your hands.
The inbuilt phone memory can save up to 50 phonebook entries, 10 redial numbers and the list of last 25 missed calls.
The phone features an alphanumeric illuminated keypad with semigraphical display on the body of the handset which is extremely easy to use. The display also shows time, date, alarms, charging status and call duration.
The indoor range of the phone is up to 50 meters and it supports both parallel internal and external calls.
It is powered by 2XAAA battery that gives a standby time of 180 hours and talk time of 8 hours.
The phone has a simple plug and play installation.
#7. Huawei F501 GSM Fixed Wireless Phone
The Huawei F501 is an affordable wireless landline phone that supports GSM SIM card.
This phone features a decent display that comes with caller ID, phone book and alarm clock function. The display shows real-time signal strength. You can also send and receive text messages using this phone.
The inbuilt memory of the phone saves incoming and outgoing call records and allows speed dialling and one touch dialling.
It has a quality speaker that allows you to talk on the phone without engaging your hands.
It is powered by a rechargeable lithium battery that provides standby time of 48 to 72 hours and talk time of 2 to 6 hours.
This brings us to the end of our list of best landline phones in India and Binatone Concept 700 Corded Landline Phone is our top pick because it is a standard landline phone suitable for both home and office use. It has a number of useful features such as 2 line display, inbuilt speaker, Caller ID support, phonebook memory, etc. It has a durable and lasting build and is available at a reasonable price.