With the advancement of technology, photocopiers and printers are no longer standalone devices. The functionality of printer, copier, scanner and fax has been consolidated into a single machine known as Multifunctional Printer. Multifunctional printers ensure high quality photocopy function and make for a consolidated asset that reduces overall cost and improves work flow. But, when it comes to choosing a multifunction printer with Xerox or Photocopy function, there are a number of factors to consider such as print speed, volume and graphic capabilities, copier types – Monochrome digital copier, digital color copier, all-in-one copier and multifunctional copier to make an informed decision.
Things to Look for While Buying a Xerox/Photocopy Machine
- Printing Speed – Advanced digital copiers can print 22 ppm (pages per minute) on the low end to 100 ppm which is much higher than older models that could print 30 ppm. High-end machines have reduced warm-up requirements which also save time.
- Printing Volume – Paper capacity of the xerox machines is listed as “tray” or “cassette”. While basic models have a capacity of 100 sheets in a tray and 250 sheets in the cassette, large-scale machines can accommodate 500 sheets in the tray and more than 2000 sheets in multiple cassettes.
- Graphic capabilities – Multifunction printers come with graphic capabilities that provide highest resolution (2,400 x 2,400 dpi) along with color management through five-color control which helps to produce exact replica of the source material.
2. Analog/Digital Copier
Analog machines are no longer used in modern offices and businesses because they failed to keep up with productivity and quality of digital printers. Multifunctional digital copiers have the capabilities of scanning, faxing and distribution through internet that simplifies the process and saves time and money. As far as quality is concerned, graphic renderings ensure exact reproduction of intricate drawings and artworks and analog copiers can’t match up with the performance of digital copiers.
3. Types of Digital Copiers
- Monochrome digital copier – These are one of the most inexpensive types of copiers available in the market that provide black and white prints. They provide basic copying, faxing and scanning function without any advanced graphics-editing capabilities. Mono-digital copiers are best suited for small-scale businesses.
- Digital Color Copier – Digital color copiers have the capacity to reproduce high-resolution copies of a wide range of materials. These copiers are suitable for creating multicolour brochures, pamphlets and presentations and have resolution range from 600 x 600 dpi to 2,400 x 600 dpi, average speed of 40 to 90 ppm and paper capacity of 1000 sheets in the tray and 500 to 1500 sheets in backup cassette.
- All-in-one Copier – These are sleek and light weight desktop models that are suitable for small businesses and home offices. These copiers have basic functionalities such as print, scan and fax and have resolution from 300 x 300 dpi to 1,200 x 600 dpi and output speeds of 19 to 30 ppm.
- Multifunctional Copier – This is one of the most popular models today that is widely used by businesses that eliminate unnecessary equipments. These models include print, scan and fax function and have a wide range of communication options.
- Scan/fax/e-mail – Most advanced copiers have scanning, faxing and e-mailing feature to ensure easy and simple distribution of documents internally and externally within a workgroup. While most machines connect through ethernet of high-speed USB 2.0 connection. Higher end models offer WiFi connectivity.
- Document feeder – Automatic document feeder is mounted on top of the machine that helps faster batch scanning of large documents.
- Digital copier interface – Many advanced models have touch-screen operation on a monitor that allows easy editing and provides full access to the machine – language options, economy printing, moving or deleting pages, real-time preview, etc.
- Networking capacity – Digital copiers come with a wide range of networking options that allows swift and easy distribution of documents among connected workgroups and mobile employees.
|HP||18 ppm print speed|
|Samsung||automatic duplex printing, mobile printing|
|Canon||23 ppm print speed|
|Ricoh||22 to 23 ppm print speed, USB 2.0 interface|
|Kyocera||32.7 ppm draft speed,|
Best Xerox/Photocopy Machines in India
#1. HP LaserJet M1136 Pro Multifunction Monochrome Printer
This is a highly efficient multifunction monochrome printer from HP that has print, copy and scan features.
It has a sleek and compact design that occupies minimal space on the desk. It has some advanced energy-saving features that reduces cost of operation and saves time.
The machine has a print-resolution of 600X600 dpi, large duty cycle of 8000 pages and print speed of 18 ppm. It supports a wide range of media such as paper, envelopes, transparencies, postcards, cardstock and labels. The printer supports manual duplex printing and copying at a print speed of 18 ppm.
It can be easily connected to your PC or laptop using the HP Smart Install program.
With is high efficiency, small size and compact design, it is perfectly suited for offices and homes.
#2. Samsung M2876 Multi Function Printer
The Samsung M2876 is a high end multi-functional printer that gives high contrast decent quality prints and fast print speed that saves time and increases output. It also features some useful advanced technologies.
It has a sleek and compact design with the automatic document feeder mounted above and the control panel attached at the front. The control panel has a clean and smart layout with prominent buttons that allow easy control of the machine.
4800 x 600dpi effective resolution of the printer provides professional quality prints with clear texts, smoother images and intricate detailing along with sharp copies and scans.
Despite the small size, this printer supports heavy media and can print on paper, labels, cards, envelops and overhead projector transparencies.
The advanced separated toner system used in this multifunctional printer saves tonner cost and reduces total cost of operation.
It also has a number of advanced features such as automatic duplex printing, mobile printing and network connectivity.
The automatic duplex printing feature allows you to print and copy on both sides of the pages and helps to lower paper cost. Mobile printing option allows you to print all types of files using a mobile device.
The printer can be shared with PCs and other devices by connecting through a router to reduce hardware cost and energy consumption.
#3. Canon MF-4750 Monochrome Multifunction Laser Printer
This is an advanced all-in-one printer copier from Canon that combines functionality with style is perfectly suited for small offices, schools and homes.
It has a sleek and compact design that takes minimal space in your office or home.
It is a monochrome laser printer with 600X600 dpi resolution that provides sharp and clear prints. It has a print speed of up to 23 ppm and comes with an automatic document feeder. The copy feature lets you create up to 99 copies of a document in a single run at a speed of 24 ppm.
The 5-line LCD display comes with one-touch solution keys and multiple menu options that make it simple and easy to use. The printer comes with 128MB internal memory that allows you to store files while printing or copying.
It also comes with a number of advanced features such as On Demand Fixing technology that reduces the heat produced by the machine during operation and allows faster prints. It has a 35 sheet auto feeder that taken in 35 pages at a time a starts automatic copying, printing and faxing.
#4. Ricoh SP210SU Black and White Laser Printer
This is an efficient multi-functional laser printer available at an affordable price that can compete with any big brands such as Samsung or Canon. It is a versatile printer that can also scan and copy documents with equal efficiency.
It has a suave and compact design so that it can be set up anywhere in your office or home. It takes limited space and is quite convenient.
It has a print resolution of 1200×600 dpi which provides bright and clear prints. It has a fast printing seep of 22 to 23 ppm and ahs a 150 sheet input and 50 sheet of output capacity. The warm-up time of the machine is less than 25 seconds. It can print and copy on various media – plain paper, recycled paper, cards, etc.
The 2-line LCD panel present in the device is user friendly and extremely easy to operate.
The printer is compatible with a number of operating systems such as Windows vista, XP, Windows 8, 2003, 2008 and 2012.
The device features high speed USB 2.0 interface that allows you to print and copy directly from your PC, laptop and USB flash drive.
This device also supports manual double-sided printing and copying that saves paper while the high-yield, all-in-one print cartridge reduces overall costs.
#5. Kyocera FS-1120 monochrome Multi Function Laser Printer
This is yet another affordable multi-function laser printer that has meets your printing, copying and scanning needs.
One of the best features of this printer is its lightning-fast speed. It has a draft speed of 32.7 ppm which is significantly faster than other models.
But when it comes to print quality, it has 600x600dpi print resolution, but it can’t match the standard of Samsung or Canon. It doesn’t have an LCD interface either. So, the user has to check the status and change the configurations from the PC or laptop.
But it has a monthly cycle of 20000 to 50000 pages which is good enough for small to medium businesses. It has a 250 page input and output tray which is ample as well.
Although, the FS-1120 is a basic machine, yet it can be upgraded by using RAM upgrades and connecting to wireless and ethernet connections.
This machine in relatively cheap to run and has a high monthly duty cycle which makes it suitable for small scale offices.
This brings us to the end of our list of best Xerox/Photocopy Machines in India and the HP LaserJet M1136 Pro Multifunction Monochrome Printer is our top pick because it a highly cost efficient multifunction printer that has a wide range of functions and print, copy and scan features. It has a compact design, high print resolution and large duty cycle that provides superior quality prints at a fast pace. It has simple connectivity and easy user interface.