How to Increase BSNL Broadband Speed?
BSNL is the government owned telecom company in India that provide different services like landlines phones, wireless phones, broadband internet connections and many more…
BSNL broadband internet connection is the most used broadband service in India. But many people find the download speed is not upto the mark. If so, BSNL provides an option to upgrade the internet speed by opting for another plan. Instead, you can activate BSNL 3G and get full speed.
But if you’re not interested to upgrade to a new broadband plan and wanted to increase the internet speed using some tips, then here are the detailed instructions.
How to Increase Download Speed of BSNL Broadband?
Generally, every Windows operating system reserves 20% of the bandwidth provided by your Internet service providers. So, if we can try to reduce the limit to ’0 %’, then we can use the complete bandwidth allocated for us. There are several tools that claim they could increase your Broadband download speed but don’t rely on them as they could harm your computer with viruses. Most of the Internet boosters are created by hackers who intend to steal your information – If you install any of those software on your computer, you’re voluntarily giving keys to them to access your valuable information stored on your computer or laptop. So, better not to use those tools and stick with the normal trick mentioned below with which you can easily improve the download speed of your BSNL broad band of any other Internet connection.
- Navigate to Start > Run in Windows XP/Vista. If you’re using Windows 7 or Windows 8, then you’ll have to install the Group policy editor manually. This tutorial will guide you.
- Type “gpedit.msc” to open the group policy editor.
- Navigate to “Local Computer Policy” >> “Computer Configuration” >> “Administrative Templates” >> “Network” >> “QOS Packet Scheduler” >> “Limit Reservable Bandwidth.”
- Now, double-click on the option named “Limit Reservable Bandwidth” and change the value from ’20′ to ’0′ without quotes.
The third-party DNS servers are always better than the default BSNL DNS servers. So changing these can also help you to increase the download speed of your BSNL broadband.
Using Google DNS to Increase BSNL Internet Speed
- Go to Start >> Control Panel >> Network and Sharing Center/Network Connections >> Open “Local Area Connection” and click on “Properties” button.
- Now click on “TCP/IP” and in the DNS address fields, replace the current DNS servers with the below two addresses.
- Click “OK” and restart the Internet connection.
That’s it! The above tips worked excellently for me to increase my BSNL broadband speed.
Note: Windows 7 Home Edition (64 bit) doesn’t have gpedit.msc option (group policy editor). Hence, you can skip the first step and go with the second option if you’re win 7 home user or just install the GP editor using the tutorial link mentioned in step 1.
PS: Do you know that you can use your laptop to share your internet connection with other computer/devices without using an external router? Yes, read our tutorial on turning a Windows 7/8 laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Incoming search terms:
- how to increase bsnl broadband speed in windows 8
- bsnl broadband speed increaser software free download
- how to increase bsnl broadband speed
- how to increase bsnl wifi speed
- how to increase bsnl broadband wifi speed