How to Install Windows 8.1 Without Any Problems or Errors?
At last Microsoft has launched Windows 8.1 as a fix to the problems faced by the Windows 8 users. Unfortunately, Windows 8.1 installation itself became a big problem for the users now. While trying to install (upgrade to) Windows 8.1 on my computer, I just got some weird errors (like as mentioned below). Luckily, I found the fix for the problems faced while upgrading to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8.
How to Install Windows 8.1?
You can install Windows 8.1 preview on your Windows 8 computer in just three easy steps.
- Download this patch (~10MB) and run the patch file after it is downloaded. Restart your computer.
- After your computer is restarted, you’ll be prompted to download the Windows 8.1 upgrade link using the Windows store.
- Open it and download the update (~1.5 GB).
Simply, follow the steps to complete the installation of Windows 8.1 preview.
Unfortunately, it is not that simple to install the update as you’ll be getting the following errors while installing Windows 8.1 preview.
Error: “The update is not applicable to your computer”
The above error message implies that your computer’s configuration is not fulfilling the requirements of Windows 8.1. Surprisingly, this error is occurring even if our PC’s configuration is more than sufficient for installing the Windows 8.1 update. Luckily, Microsoft itself has shown the solution to this problem.
- Download & save this msu file to your c:\temp folder.
- Open the command prompt as an administration and navigate to the c:\temp folder
Type ‘cd c:\temp’ without quotes and press Enter.
- You’ll now have to extract the contents of the msu file. In order to do so, type the following command.
Expand –F:* Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x86.msu .
- To install the Windows 8.1 patch, just type the following command.
DISM.exe /Online /Add-Package /PackagePath:Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x64.cab
- After waiting for a few seconds, you’ll be prompted to restart your computer. Enter ‘Y’ to complete the patch installation.
- After the system is restarted, you’ll be prompted to download the Windows 8.1 upgrade file from the Store. Click on ‘download & upgrade’ to finish the Windows 8.1 installation.
If you’re lucky this time, you’ll be using the new Windows 8.1 preview or-else try once again.
Note: Remember that this is a preview version of Windows 8.1 and the final version will be released later this year. When it is available and you wanted to upgrade from Windows 8.1 preview to Windows 8.1 final, you’ll have to install all your software again as they’ll not work on the updated version. So, think before you proceed with the installation of Windows 8.1 preview.
If you’re using Windows 7, here is a guide to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 without any hassle.
Incoming search terms:
- Windows 8 1 Installation Problems
- how to install windows 8 1
- windows 8 1 problems with last update
- about com how to install windows 8 or 8 1 from a
Tags: Windows 8