How to Speed Up Your Pen Drive for Faster Transfer Rate?
Many USB Pen Drive users after few days of usage complain about the decreasing speeds while transferring content from their computer to pen drive and vice-versa.
Steps to increase the transfer rate of your USB drive
- First of all, right click on your pen-drive and then click on “Format” option. Change the File system from “Fat 32 to NTFS” as the FAT 32 cannot handle large amounts of data. After changing the option, click on “Start” button to format it.
- Now go to the properties window of the portable drive and select hardware tab and change the radio button to “optimize for performance“. There you are done. Now enjoy higher data transfer rates.
Note: Formatting will delete all your data. NTFS File system cannot be read/supported by Windows 2000 or older. Original data rates may depend on your pendrive and Operating System. Also remember to update your USB port version to USB 2.0 as it offers much faster speeds when compared to the older versions.
Incoming search terms:
- how to increase pen drive speed
- how to increase transfer speed of pen drive
- how to speed up pen drive transfer rate
- How to speed up pen drive
- how to make pen drive faster
Tags: Pen Drive