Is the air purifier at your home troubling you? Is it not performing the same way it used to work while you purchased it initially? It could be the filter’s fault.
Due to improper maintenance or severe change in climatic conditions, the filters start under-performing and this is the signal that you need to replace it with a new one. You can find a good-quality filter within a range of Rs. 1,800 – 5,000.
With so many options available in the market, it gets a bit tricky to select the best one without compromising on the quality. These parameters can help you make choice easier.
Type of Filters: There are 5 types of air filters: HEPA, Activated carbon, UV, Negative ion, and ozone filter. You can choose one on the basis of contaminants present in the air.
Quality: The quality of the filter decides its durability. Most of the air filters are built using eco-friendly materials such as rubber and ABS-plastic.
Brand and warranty services: There’s no denying that products from best brands not only offer good features but they also provide excellent after-sale services. Thus, it is always a wise decision to buy a filter from a good brand that offers good warranty services too.
Some other factors that also contribute are price, performance, and maintenance requirements. We have explained them in detail in the Buying Guide below.
After spending hours on research, we have shortlisted 10 best air purifier filters in India. We are sure that they will meet all your requirements. Let’s have a look!
Best Air Purifier Filters in India
|Air Purifier Filters||Filter Type||Buy Now|
|Atlanta Healthcare Beta 350||anti-bacterial, HEPA, |
activated carbon, photo catalyst
|Check the Price|
|Philips AC3256 NanoProtect 3000 Series True||HEPA||Check the Price|
|Honeywell Lite Indoor HHPF20M936||HEPA, activated carbon, |
|Check the Price|
|Honeywell HFC0506B Replacement Filter||HEPA||Check the Price|
|Mi||Primary filter, HEPA, |
|Check the Price|
|Honeywell HPF35M1120 H11 Grade HAC35||HEPA||Check the Price|
|Philips NanoProtect Activated 2000 Series |
AC2887 and AC2882
|activated carbon||Check the Price|
|Philips Filter AC4143/00||activated carbon||Check the Price|
|Philips Filter AC4104/00||HEPA||Check the Price|
|Philips FY1410/10 Nano Protect Filter||HEPA||Check the Price|
This air purifier filter set is compatible with Atlanta Healthcare’s Beta 350 air purifier.
This filtering unit comprises of an anti-bacterial filter, a HEPA filter, an activated carbon filter and photocatalyst filters that remove pollen, pet hair and other allergens along with air-borne microorganisms and volatile organic compounds from the air.
This set of the filter has the capacity to remove PM 2.5 and PM 10 air pollutants which make it highly efficient.
This set of filter comes with a 1-year warranty from the manufacturer.
- Set of replacement filters
- Comprises anti-bacterial filter, HEPA filter, activated carbon filter and photocatalyst filters
- Removes PM 2.5 and PM 10 air pollutants
- The HEPA starts emitting odor after few days of use
This replacement air purifier filter is compatible with Philips air purifiers.
It is a high-efficiency nano protect HEPA filter that has the capacity to capture 99.97% 0.3-micron particles and ultra-fine particles as small as 0.02 microns which make it highly efficient.
This filter also removes dust, dust mites, bacteria, viruses and common allergens from the air.
The filter has a long life of up to 2 years depending on the pollution level in the air.
This air purifier filter comes with 2 years warranty from the manufacturer.
- Nano protect HEPA filter
- Captures 99.97% 0.3 micron and 0.02 micron particles
- Long life of up to 2 years
- Bit expensive
This particular air purifier filter is compatible with Honeywell Lite Indoor air purifier.
This is a single compound filtering unit that contains a pre-filter and HEPA filter and an Activated carbon filter that removes odors, allergens, microorganisms, VOCs, formaldehyde and other toxic gases from the air.
This replacement filter has approximately 2200 hours of filter life if it is used 8 hours a day.
- Single compound filter
- Comprises a pre-filter, a HEPA filter, and an Activated carbon filter
- Has approximately 2200 hours (9 months) life
- The filter is not sensitive enough
This compact air purifier filter from Honeywell is compatible with Honeywell Move Pure Car Air Purifier.
This filtering unit comprises of a high-quality HEPA filter that has the capacity to remove PM2.5, dust, VOCs, cigarette smoke, formaldehyde, odor and microorganisms from the air.
This is a completely ozone-free replacement filter that does not release any ions.
This filter has a long life of 360 hours and it can run for up to 5-6 months if used 2-3 hours a day.
- High-quality HEPA filter
- Does not emit ions and is ozone-free
- Has filter life of 360 hours
- Filter is a bit noisy
This air purifier filter is compatible with Mi Air Purifier 2.
This filter has a 360-degree cylindrical design that ensures maximum intake of air from all sides.
This is a triple layer filtering unit that comprises a primary filter, Toray H11-grade HEPA filter and activated carbon filters that removes dust, odors, allergens and toxic gases from the air.
It is extremely easy and simple to replace this filter and does not require any special assistance.
- 360-degree cylindrical design
- Triple layer filtering unit
- Comprises of a primary filter, Toray H11-grade HEPA filter and activated carbon filter
- Easy and simple replacement
- Difficult to clean the pre-filter
- Compound filter design doesn’t all independent replacement of the carbon filter
This is a high-quality HEPA air purifier filter from Honeywell that is compatible with Honeywell Air Touch air purifier models.
This is an H11 grade HEPA filter has the capacity to remove microscopic pollutants and allergens above 0.3 microns and PM2.5
This filter can be replaced and set up easily and does not require any professional assistance.
- H11 grade HEPA filter
- Simple and easy replacement
- Removes microscopic pollutants and PM2.5
This is an independently activated carbon filter from Philips that is compatible with Philips air purifiers.
The honeycomb structure of the filter efficiently removes harmful VOCs and odors from the air.
This replacement filter has a prolonged life of up to 1 year depending on its usage and pollution level in the air.
This filter comes with 1 year warranty from the manufacturer.
- Activated carbon filter
- Honeycomb structure for higher efficiency
- Easy setup and replacement
- Difficult to clean the carbon filter
This is yet another replaceable activated carbon filter from Philips that is compatible with the AC4014 model.
This is a high efficiency activated carbon filter that removes a wide range of harmful gases and odors from the air.
This filter is extremely easy to install and replace and does not require any professional help.
- Activated carbon filter
- Removes harmful gases and odors from the air
- Simple and easy installation
- Short filter life
This is an HEPA filter from Philips that is compatible with the Philips Air Purifier Model AC4025.
This is a high efficiency HEPA filter that removes dust, harmful microorganisms and allergens from the air.
This filter has an easy DIY installation process which allows easy replacement.
- High efficiency HEPA filter
- Simple and easy installation
- Removes dust, allergens and harmful microorganisms from the air
- Not possible to dust or vacuum the HEPA filter
This is a Nano protect true HEPA filter from Philips that is compatible with Philips air purifiers.
The nano protect technology ensures 99.97 percent purification of the air which makes it highly efficient.
It captures up to 99.97 percent 0.3 micron particles and ultra-fine particles as small as 0.02 microns.
The filter is extremely simple and easy to replacement and set up.
- Nano protect true HEPA filter
- Captures up to 99.97% 0.3 micron and 0.02-micron particles
- Simple and easy installation
- Needs frequent replacement
Air Purifier Filters Buying Guide
Make your days enjoyable in all weather conditions by purchasing air-filters that match with your requirement. As there are plenty of options out there in the market, which one to choose? High or Low Price? Quality or Performance?
Read below to know how these parameters help an individual to opt for the desired choice.
The first and the foremost thing you look for is the price factor. Without knowing about the usage or applications of air purifier filters, investing in a wrong product will be waste of your time.
Question yourself about how would you like to use it? For eliminating particular pollutants or the entire hazardous chemicals. If you have a clear idea of what you are going to do with, then nothing can stop you from taking fresh air and stay healthy.
Also, check for the filter that is in your budget range. If the filter you like is a bit expensive then go with the low-budget models that we have mentioned in our list.
- Quality of the Material
Next important factors you need to look into is the quality of the material. The quality of material can only explain how long the device can work well. Most the filters are made with eco-friendly materials like ABS-plastic, rubber, and also formulated with carbon-zeolite to remove the impurities present in the air.
- Brand Reputation and Warranty Services
These days brand reputation matters the most. People only look at the brand and the features it offers. No one shows interest to purchase the low-reputation brand products even though it offers the best services to the customers. Because they strongly believe in the quality products and excellent warranty services delivered from the popular brands.
Tips and Precautions
Every household goal is to lead a comfortable life without being tracked by the electricity bills. One way to save the power is by maintaining the air purifier filters properly in your home. In this section, we have provided some of the important tips and precautions of filters so that you get access to them and save energy. Here we go…
- You must know about the requirements of your home before you get air filters.
- Filter makes noise and gets damaged when you continuously use it for a long time. On an average, you can change the filters in an air purifier for every 3-6 months.
- Carefully remove the old filter without dropping at home indoors.
- When you wish to purchase online, order the filters from authorized services so as to ensure the good quality and the warranty services.
- The filters with tight weaves reduces the airflow within the room and is also responsible for increasing the electricity bills.
- High-efficient filters may cost a bit higher than low-efficient filters. So it’s better to go with high-end models to have a fresh air in your room.
- Better to go with washable filters than simply buying a disposable filter that saves your time, and money.
- Use a paper towel or wet cloth so as to clean the filter by deterring dust and other harmful pollutants.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are washable filters good to use?
Yes, washable filters are very good to use for domestic purposes. Like other filters, washable filters do trap the particles like dust, pollen, pet dander, bacteria, and viruses. They continuously run for a long time to provide pure and fresh air in a room or hall. Now take out the filters to wipe out the dust or other impurities that stick to the filter membranes.
They are actually made with fine quality plastic materials that can last up to months/years depending on the usage and maintenance of the filters. It even saves time, money and the effort you put to replace the existing filters with a new one.
2. How often should you change a filter?
The time to change a filter completely depends on several factors like filter material quality, level of contamination, and the least factors include the availability of the filters and price. However, you can change the filter at any point of time only when you find something wrong in it. Given below are some of the key points to change the filter for specific pollutants.
- 3-6 months when it is full of pet dander and allergens.
- When your room is completely occupied with dust, pollen and bad odors, replace the filter after every 2 months.
- Just change the filter within 30-45 days when subjected to harmful chemicals like cigarette smoke.
3. How to clean a filter?
Here are the few steps that will let you know how to clean the home air filter.
- Firstly, remove the air filter from the main system.
- To get rid of excess dirt on the filter, place it under the fast running tap water (or use a pipe).
- Now take a damp cloth to clean the filter by reaching every corner of it.
- Let it be dry for some time under the sunlight.
- After few hours, it’s absolutely ready to fix in the original position. Also, ensure that airflow is in the proper direction.
4. Which filter should you choose for a particular impurity?
You may not have a clear idea of choosing the right filter to deter the contaminants present in the air. So as to make easy for you, we have provided the list of filters and the types of impurities it can remove. Have a look at the table given below…
|HEPA Filter||PM 2.5 particle|
|Activated Carbon Filter||Filters fumes, smoke, gases, and odors|
|UV-Filter||microscopic toxins like bacteria, and viruses|
|Negative Ion Filter||Removes chemicals up to 0.01 microns|
|Ozone Filter||Eliminates harmful pollutants (low-concentration levels)|
5. Is it necessary to use more than one air filter?
Of course, it’s better to go with the multiple filters. Because using a single filter can only remove the certain type as mentioned above. But if you are living in an area where there are more chances of polluting home indoors with the several chemicals. At that time, using multiple filters will be a wise choice and improve your overall health.
This brings us to the end of our list of best air purifier filters in India. When it comes to choosing an air purifier filter it is best to select one that contains the full range of purification filters including HEPA filter, activated carbon filter and pre-filter that makes it capable of removing all types of pollutants and allergens from the air. One can opt for either compound (all-in-one) filters or independent filters based on the compatibility with the air purifier.