We all are using these advanced mobile phones these days, but do know that those old traditional landlines still exist. And they are quite useful, though. Well, if you are young and love to go out and roam, it’s fine. But, what about the children or a senior citizen who do not know how to operate a mobile phone.
Hence, the best option for them is a landline because these are quite user-friendly, and no prior knowledge is needed to use one of them. On the other hand, emergency scenarios, the landlines are registered with home addresses, so help is just one call away from you.
But make sure to check for some important factors before buying such as:
- Analog/Digital: The traditional cordless phones were using analog signals which produce a decent output. On the other hand, digital cordless landline provides a great voice quality with better signal strength.
- Frequency: Basically, it determines how far away you can take the handset from the base unit. The signal strength tends to decrease as you move away from the base unit of the cordless phone. Most digital cordless landlines provide a frequency of 900 MHz, 2.4 GHz, 5.8 GHz and 1.9 GHz (DECT 6.0).
- Caller ID and Phone Book: The landline must-have features of Caller ID as it automatically detects who is calling. While the Phone Book helps to manage all your contacts to provide convenience.
Now you can check our picks of the Best Cordless Phones in India. In case you want to go in-depth of these factors, read out the complete Buying Guide for Cordless Landline phones which is given below.
Best Cordless Phones in India
|Cordless Phones||Frequency||Battery||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Panasonic Single Line KX-TG3611SX||2.4GHz||AAA NI-MH battery||1 year on device, 6 months on battery||Check the Price|
|Panasonic KX-TG3611SXS||2.4GHz||--||1 year||Check the Price|
|Panasonic Single Line 2.4GHz KX-TG3712SXB||2.4GHz||Ni-MH battery||1 year||Check the Price|
|Gigaset A450||--||2 X AAA batteries||1 year on device, 6 months on accessories||Check the Price|
|Beetel X69n||2.4GHz||--||--||Check the Price|
|Motorola D1001I||--||AAA battery||--||Check the Price|
|PANASONIC KX TG 6812||5.8GHz||--||--||Check the Price|
This is a standard quality cordless phone from a reputed brand that comes with a number of useful features and ensures great voice quality and signal strength.
This cordless model supports 2.4 GHz frequency that ensures optimum voice quality and clarity.
Some of the functional features included in this model are caller ID, speakerphone, alphanumeric backlit display, alphanumeric keypad, night mode, alarm, digital security code, etc.
This cordless phone is equipped with an AAA NI-MH battery that provides 5 hours talk time and 264 hours standby time.
It has 50 Name & Number Phonebook where you can save your most frequently called numbers.
The cordless phone can also be mounted on the wall.
The manufacturer offers 1 year warranty for device and 6 months warranty for in-box accessories including batteries.
- 4GHz frequency support
- Caller ID and speakerphone
- Great battery backup
- 50 phonebook entries and 5 redial memory
- Useful features – clock, alarm, any key answer, digital security code
- Doesn’t work during power cuts
This is yet another decent quality cordless model from Panasonic that comes in an elegant white color.
This model supports 2.4 GHz frequency that ensures optimum voice quality and clarity.
Some of its useful features include caller ID, speaker phone, 50 names and number memory, clock, alarms and any key answer.
It features an illuminated display which makes it easy to see the incoming number or caller’s name and other information.
This cordless phone can be mounted on the wall or placed on the table.
It comes with 1 year warranty from the manufacturer.
- 4GHz frequency support
- Caller ID and speakerphone
- 50 names and number memory
- Useful features – clock, alarm, any key answer, digital security code, etc.
- No Two-line Support
- No battery backup
This is a superior quality digital cordless phone from Panasonic that has a sleek design and amazing features.
This digital cordless model supports 2.4GHz frequency that ensures great signal strength and voice quality.
It features a rechargeable Ni-MH battery that gives amazing backup.
Some of its functional features include caller ID, 50 names and number memory, 100 name and number phonebook entries, etc.
It has a large 1.8 inch LCD display which makes it easy to read the incoming and dallied name/number and other information.
It is equipped with a power failure talk system that allows you to make and receive calls even during power cuts.
This cordless phone comes with 1 year warranty from the manufacturer.
- Digital cordless phone
- 4GHz frequency support
- Rechargeable Ni-MH battery
- Useful features – caller ID, 50 names and number memory, 100 name and number phonebook entries
- Power failure talk system
This is a high performance cordless phone from Gigaset that has good indoor and outdoor coverage range.
This cordless phone has indoor range of up to 50 meters and outdoor range of up to 300 meters from the base station.
It is equipped with 2 X AAA batteries with talk time of up to 8 hours and standby time of 180 hours.
Some of its functional features include caller ID, speakerphone, 50 phonebook entries, 10 redial memory, adjustable handset volume, alphanumeric illuminated keypad, etc.
The display of the phone can show time, date, call duration, charging status, alarms, etc.
The manufacturer provides 1 year warranty on the handset and base and 6 months warranty on accessories.
- Good indoor and outdoor range
- 2 X AAA batteries
- Useful features – caller ID, speakerphone, 50 phonebook entries, 10 redial memory, adjustable handset volume, alphanumeric illuminated keypad, etc.
- Displays time, date, call duration, charging status, alarms, etc.
- Poor voice clarity
This is a standard quality cordless phone from Beetel that is available at a reasonable price.
This cordless phone supports 2.4 GHz frequency that ensures optimum voice clarity and good signal strength.
It features phone book memory that allows the user to save the frequently dialled numbers with names.
The large illuminated display and alphanumeric keypad displays the incoming/outgoing call details clearly and ensure ease of use.
- Supports 2.4 GHz frequency
- Phone book memory
- Large illuminated display
- Alphanumeric keypad
- Lacks many basic features
This is a sleek and compact cordless model from Motorola that comes with decent features and provides decent performance.
This cordless phone features phonebook that can save 100 names and numbers.
It has a bright, backlit display that shows information about incoming/outgoing calls, time, date, signal strength, etc.
Some of its beneficial features influence speakerphone for hands-free calls, caller ID, call waiting, caller ID list with 30 names and numbers, polyphonic ringer melodies, room monitor, 10 redial memory, etc.
The connection of this cordless phone can be expanded up to 4 handsets.
- Sleek and compact design
- Backlit display
- Features – speakerphone, caller ID, call waiting, phone memory, polyphonic ringer melodies, room monitor, 10 redial memory, etc.
- Can be expanded up to 4 handsets
- Can’t be used during power cuts
This is a high-end cordless model from Panasonic that has a sleek and stylish design and has amazing features.
This cordless phone features a 1.8 inch LCD display that displays incoming/outgoing call information, time, date, signal strength, etc.
It can be used for 3-way conferencing facility that makes it ideal for office use.
The digital noise reduction system of this phone lets you make calls even in noisy surroundings.
The memory of the phone can save up to 100 names and numbers.
It is also equipped with caller ID, 10 redial memory, 10 polyphonic ringer melodies, any key answer, clock, alarm, handset locator, ringer/charger indicator.
- 8 inch LCD display
- 3 way conferencing facility
- Digital noise reduction system
- Useful features – caller ID, 10 redial memory, 10 polyphonic ringer melodies, any key answer, clock, alarm, handset locator, ringer/charger indicator
- Warranty is not valid in India
How to Choose the Right Cordless Phone?
There are two main types of cordless phones – analog and digital.
- Analog – Most classic cordless models where analog phones that had mediocre voice quality and signal quality.
- Digital – New age cordless phones are digital in nature and they offer amazing voice quality. The signal quality and strength of digital phones can be corrected manually in order to improve voice quality even further.
The frequency of a cordless phone determines the range of signal between the base unit of the cordless phones and the handset. The better the range of wireless signals between the two units, the lower the level of interference. Most digital cordless models come in following frequencies – 900 MHz, 2.4 GHz, 5.8 GHz and 1.9 GHz (DECT 6.0)
3. Battery Backup
It is best to choose a cordless phone model that comes with battery backup so that it works even if there is no electricity. Most cordless models have a compartment at the base of the holder that is used to charge a spare handset battery pack or contain alkaline batteries for power backup.
4. Important Features
LCD Screen – Having an LCD screen have become an essential feature because it provides useful information about the dialled or incoming number, caller ID, call waiting, etc. It also indicates battery strength, signal strength, etc.
Caller ID – This is one of the most useful feature in a cordless phone that lets you know who is calling. Cordless phone provide either a visual alert or a specific ring tone to let you know when a particular person calls. Come caller IDs also announce the name of the caller.
Phone Book – This is a functional feature that allows the user to save the frequently dialled numbers to the phone memory.
Speakerphone – This feature allows the user to talk even in hands-free mode and is especially useful for group calls.
Two-line Support – This feature allows the user to receive calls for two separate phone numbers. Some cordless phones feature two different ringtones which lets the user know which line is ringing.
Headset Jack – Some cordless phone models feature a headset jack that also allows hands-free conversation. The jack may be present either on the receiver unit or the base unit.
The Panasonic Single Line 2.4GHz KX-TG3611SX Digital Cordless Telephone is our top pick from the list of best cordless phones in India because it comes from a reputed brand, carries 1 year warranty and gives amazing performance. It supports 2.4 GHz frequency that ensures amazing call quality. It is equipped with an AAA NI-MH battery that provides prolonged call time and standby time. It has a number of useful features such as inbuilt memory, caller ID, speakerphone, alphanumeric backlit display, alphanumeric keypad, night mode, alarm, digital security code, etc.