A self-balancing scooter commonly known as the hoverboard is a portable, rechargeable battery-powered scooter that can carry approximately 300lbs weight which makes it suitable for kids and adults.
Self-balancing scooters are a good alternative to bikes and motorcycles that are lightweight and easy to navigate and can easily cover short distances while producing zero-emission.
Here are a few specifications to take into account while choosing a self-balancing scooter:
- Battery quality – Make sure the hoverboard you choose has a good quality battery. A battery determines the range of the scooter. Poor quality batteries can also cause the hoverboard to burst into flames.
- Range – Make it a point to check the range of the scooter. It gives at least a minimum range of 10 kilometres and anything less than that is not a profitable deal.
- Safety Features – Opt for a slightly costly hoverboard that comes with effective safety features such as speed protection mode and low battery protection mode.
In this post, we have listed the best self-balancing scooters in India and Segway miniPRO is our top pick due to its powerful dual-motor engines, advanced features and UL2272 certification for safety.
Best Electric Skateboard above 30000 Rupees
The very first self-balancing scooter that makes it our list of best self balancing scooters in India is the Segway miniPRO that is manufactured with latest technology. Segway is a well-known name in the world of hoverboard. It is miles apart from other brands of self balancing scooters that come with a lot advanced features. Once you step on the scooter, it automatically maintains your balance by tracking your movements. Usage is extremely simple, just lean forward to move forward. The high-performance control technology comes with a number of sensors and advanced processors that ensure maximum flexibility. The miniPRO can adjust with normal road conditions so you have the freedom to go wherever you want. The body of the hoverboard is made with durable aircraft-grade magnesium alloy which makes it light weight yet hardy. The 10.5-Inch pneumatic air-filled tires deliver effective shock absorption.
Advantages of the Segway miniPRO:
- This hoverboard can be connected to your phone using Bluetooth and the free app for Segway miniPRO, so the phone can be sued as a remote control, antitheft alarm, speed controler, customizable lights, vehicle diagnostics, and firmware updates.
- The Segway miniPRO comes with UL2272 certification to ensure safety and security.
- It can handle a payload of up to 200lbs.
- It is powered by a dual motor engine that delivers 1600 watts of power and makes the self balancing scooter capable of reaching 10 MPH and distance of 14 miles when charged fully.
- A padded knee bar is provided to ensure maximum comfort and give precise steering.
Other than the price, everything is perfect with the Segway miniPRO. But with so many advanced features packed in a single Self Balancing Personal Transporter, it is totally worth the price.
Best Self-balancing Scooters Under 30000 Rupees
#2.STEGO Self Balancing Wheel
The STEGO Self Balancing Wheel is undoubtedly the best self balancing scooter which is available within a more affordable price range but it does not have any risk with the specifications. STEGO is a registered trademark company and its products are safety certified. The STEGO self balancing scooter comes with dual hub motors with gyro sensor technology for a super-smooth ride. It has zero degree turning and it can climb up to a 15 degree incline. Its sturdy body can take up to 130 kgs weight. The anti-slip foot grip makes it suitable for both children and adults for seamless manoeuvring. The dual 350W Samsung cells battery with Sentry Shield battery protection gives an incredibly long ride of up to 6 hours or 11 miles on single charge.
Advantages of the STEGO Self Balancing Wheel:
- STEGO Products are Safety Certified – UN 38.3 (battery), MSDS (battery), UL 1642 (battery), UL 60950-1 (charger), FCC, CE, ROHS, EMC, and LVD.
- STEGO is the only branded and assembled hoverboard in India.
- It provides replacement for all units and after sales services of any type of repair, maintenance or replacement.
- One year warranty with Indian bases customer support team.
- It comes with genuine Samsung battery.
- It can take maximum load of 130 kgs.
The STEGO Self Balancing Wheel has a lot to offer at such a reasonable price that it makes it best electric scooter board in the Indian market.
#3.Cloudsurfer White Self Balance Electric Scooter
Next in line is the Cloud Surfer Self Balancing Electric Scooter which is named the evolutionary self balancing electric scooter because of its advanced auto balancing technology, remote control interface, speed control protection and LCD display. The two-wheel auto balancing technology gives much more stable rise and faster response, thus making it safer and easier to control. It accelerates by simply applying pressure with the front your feet. It can be operated in a very narrow space because is has zero turning radium. It has two wheels, two motors with Double balancing systems to keep you in balance. The two driver motors present within the wheels can be controlled with both feet individually. The 2 remote controllers are used for lock/unlock and towing mode enable/disable. The LCD screen shows remaining battery life and the over-speed alerts aids speed control.
Advantages of loud Surfer Self Balancing Electric Scooter:
- It has max speed of 20km/hr, max load of 120 kgs and max climb capability of less than 30 degrees.
- Battery Type: Li-Ion Battery with charging time of 4.5 hours and overcharge protection
- It comes with a remote control and foldable LCD screen
- Speed limit protection that reminds you to slow down when speed reaches 12km/hr
Considering all the features and pros, there is no denying the fact that Cloudsurfer is the best skating scooter within budget but its plastic body material and standard tyres instead of special shock absorbable tyres can be a put off.
Best Self Balancing Scooters under 20000 Rupees
#4.Gizmo World Self Balancing Electric Scooter
The Gizmo World Self Balancing Electric Scooter is one of the best budget self balancing scooter in the market that packs in a lot of impressive features within a modest price range. The self-balancing wheels of the scooter are designed to give an effortless riding experience to the rider. All one needs to do is apply forward pressure with your feet to accelerate the scooter forward. The two driver motors within the wheels can be controlled with the feet for smooth turns, rotation and break. The ultra quite brushless motor ensures battery efficiency and more power. The scooter is powered by LG lithium 36V/4.4AH battery and the hoverboard have a cruise distance of 12 to 15 km and max speed of 10 km/hr. The comfortable anti-slip rubber footing makes it suitable for both children and adults. The body material for the hoverboard is ABS plastic covering over All Alloy Frame work, stainless steel screws and Lead free copper pivot.
Advantages of the Gizmo World Self Balancing Electric Scooter:
- Ultra quiet Brushless Motor for better efficiency and more power
- ABS plastic covering over All Alloy Frame makes it light weight and sturdy
- Self balancing wheel designed to give riders an effortless riding experience
- 3 Months Repair Warranty cover for any manufacturing defect
Although, the Gizmo World Self Balancing Electric Scooter doesn’t provide any unique features but is sure has a suave and sleek design that is loved by youngsters. And the 3 months warranty covers only repair of manufacturing defects, user wear and tear is chargeable. But the hoverboard does come with self balancing wheels, safe LG lithium 36V/4.4AH battery, All Alloy Frame which is not a bad deal.
#5.AZI Smart Self Balancing Drifting Scooter Board
The AZI Smart Self Balancing Drifting Scooter Board is a new age transport device with top notch self-balancing technology that makes it stable, safe and easy to ride. The tremendous quite electrical engine provides lasting prime energy with prime velocity of 15km/hr and solid efficiency. The sturdy body material can carry up to 120kg of weight. The In-built 4400mAh battery lasts for hours. The LED headlamps help the rider to ride even in darkness and provide great visibility even in the night. The non-slip rubber pedal mats provides good foot grip and makes it suitable for both children and adults. It has maximum velocity of 15km/hr, cruising radius of 15 to 25km and mountain climbing capacity of 15 degrees.
Advantages of the AZI Smart Self Balancing Drifting Scooter Board:
- Safe Double balancing system to keep the rider in balance
- Robust body and anti-slip foot grip excellent for children and adults
- Long endurance and 15 to 20km range per charge
- Samsung high-capacity lithium battery ensures absolute safety
- High-power motors 375×2 watt
One of the most beneficial things about the AZI Smart Self Balancing Drifting Scooter Board is that instead of focusing on unnecessary features that don’t really come to use, it adds some effective practical features such as LED headlamp, long endurance, high power motor and good-quality battery that makes it a great product.
#6.GVC Rose Gold Chrome Hoverboard 2 Wheel
The GVC 2 Wheel Self Balancing Scooter comes last in the list of best self balancing scooters in India that have some amazing functional features. The high performance electrical engine ensures a smooth ride and great control with ease of use. The battery gives a travel range of 10 to 12km in a single charge. The maximum speed is 15 to 20km/hr and maximum user weight is 100kgs which makes it suitable for both children and adults.
Advantages of GVC 2 Wheel Self Balancing Scooter:
- High performance electrical engine ensures a smooth ride and great control
- Easy to learn and use
- Sturdy body and sleek design
- Maximum travel range of 10 to 12km in a single charge, maximum speed 15 to 20km/hr
The GVC 2 Wheel Self Balancing Scooter is an entry level electric scooter board for beginners that provide great value for money.
Technology Used in a Hoverboard
The hoverboard or a self-balancing scooter has taken the world by storm, but what exactly is the technology behind a hoverboard? Well, a hoverboard is a levitating platform that looks like a skateboard with wheels can be used for personal transportation.
The self balancing scooters have a few basic components: A gyroscope, motors, microprocessors and batteries. The gyroscope determines the balance of the machine, motors keep the board balanced and move it forward, microprocessors to manage power output of the motors and batteries power the device.
The most important function of a self-balancing scooter is that it should stay upright. This is done by the microprocessors that monitor the direction in which the rider is leaning. The gyroscope is connected to the microprocessors that help to collect information about the tilt of the board. The motors present inside the board manage power output to keep the rider balanced at all times.
How the Self Balancing Scooter Came into Existence?
The Hoverboard made its first appearance in China in 2014, but the device caught popularity soon as celebrities like Justin Bieber, Wiz Khalifa, Nick Jonas and Kendall Jenner started using it.
This brings us to the end of the list of best self balancing scooters. Make sure you check out the specifications of the hoverboard you decide to buy and look for a safety certification. If you still have doubts about selecting the best hoverboard then feel free to post your question in the comment section and we will be happy to help.