While joining a gym can be a great idea for keeping your body fit, not everyone has the time to join a gym and go on a daily basis. And this is where treadmills prove to be a great way of keeping your body fit right at your home.
Treadmills are one of the best ways for cardio at home every day. You can find various fitness machines out there but treadmills are generally the best option for most users. As running is considered as an all-rounder exercise, you can stay fit and healthy just by using a treadmill on a daily basis. Thus, a lot of you might be interested in buying a treadmill for either your home or gym.
But there are various factors that play a vital role while choosing the best treadmill for your needs and requirements. So, today we are here with some of the Best Treadmill in India.
We have also mentioned the major features and options offered by these treadmills. This can be quite useful while choosing one of the various treadmill options present in this article. You can learn about these things like motor power, supported weight, running speed, inclination feature, and various other things. So, if you also want to stay fit by using a treadmill, make sure to go through this article until the end:
How to Choose a Treadmill?
There are two main type of treadmill – manual and motorized.
- Manual – This is a basic model that does not make use of any motor for power. The belt of the treadmill has to be rotated by the user themselves. The pace of their walking or running will determine the speed of the treadmill.
- Motorized – This is a more popular type of treadmill that comes with a built-in motor that revolves the belt so that the user can walk or run on any desired pace. Motorized treadmills come with more advanced features and specs.
2. Motor Quality and Control
If you opt for a motorized treadmill then it is important to check the quality of the motor it features. Most treadmills have two motors – one runs the belt and the other chances the incline of the machine. It is good enough to opt for a 1.5 horsepower motor if you will be using the treadmill for walking purpose only. You will require a 2.5-3.0 horsepower motor for running.
Motorized treadmills come at varying maximum speed limit that determines whether you can use it for plain walking or running. A treadmill with maximum high speed of 12.87 km per hour is good enough for fast paced walking. A treadmill with maximum high speed of 16.09 km per hour is required for fast interval training.
4. Belt Size
It is best to choose a belt that is at least 48 inches long and 16 inches wide in order to ensure comfortable walking and running strides.
majority of treadmills offer an incline of 10, 15 or 20% along with small decline for downhill training. If you are more into strength training and uphill running then choose a treadmill with incline range of up to 12 degrees.
Proper cushioning or shock absorption system is an essential feature of any treadmill that helps to reduce impact on your knees while running or walking. This feature helps to make your workout more comfortable and enjoyable and ensures that you stick to it.
7. Detailed Console/Control Panel
A quality treadmill should come with a detailed console with easy speed and incline controls, LCD display for distance, speed, pace, time and heart rate. Some consoles also feature pre-set and customizable exercise programs that provide you with a challenge and keep you motivated and interested in your workout.
8. Built-in heart-rate monitor
Most standard quality treadmills come with built-in heart-rate monitors that measure your heart rate while you walk or run on the treadmill. Your heart rate acts as an indicator of the intensity of your workout and it also helps to determine whether it is too high or too low.
9. Extra Features
Some treadmills also come with other functional features such as music speakers, tablet holders, bottle holders which make them more convenient.
Best Treadmills in India
|Treadmills||Motor||Maximum Body Weight||Highest Speed||Inclination||Buy Now|
|Cockatoo Motorised Treadmill||2 HP||90 kg||10 km/hour||No||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Lifelong FitPro Motorized Treadmill||2.5 HP||90 kg||10 km/hour||No||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Powermax Motorized Treadmill||2.5 HP||90 kg||10 km/hour||Yes||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Fitkit Motorized Treadmill||1.75 HP||110 kg||14.5 km/hour||Yes||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|MAXPRO Folding Treadmill||1.5 HP||100 kg||12 km/hour||Yes||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Kobo Fitness Treadmill||2 HP||120 kg||16.8 km/hour||No||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Durafit Motorized Treadmill||1.25 HP||95 kg||12 km/hour||No||CHECK ON AMAZON|
For those who are desperate to lose some fat but don’t have the time for joining a gym, your search for the ideal treadmill ends here. This treadmill from Cockatoo is a proper home use treadmill. It is affordable; it has all the features of a high-end treadmill; it looks smart and also boasts a space-saving design.
It is our best pick from the list and telling you from various customer reviews, it is the best value of money treadmill one can have for their home. It features a 2HP powerful motor, 12 pre-set workout programs, in-built speakers, heart rate sensor, calorie counter and lots more. But the greatest perk of owning this is the belt fat reducing belt and a vibrator which is why we recommend this to every person who wants to shred some tummy fat.
Motor: 2 HP
Highest Speed: 0.8-10 km/ hour
Running Deck: 48-inch
Max Body Weight: 90 Kg
- Digital Display: It has 5-inch larger LCD display to show your speed, running time, total distance and calories burnt. It also has 12 preset programs for fast weight loss. This will keep you motivated as you work for reaching your daily goals.
- Heart Rate Sensor: The grab handle has an in-built heart rate sensor. You just need to simply place your hands on the pulse sensor to see your results.
- Fat Burning Belt: The belt gets heated after walking 10 to 15 which helps in burning fat.
- Buttons: It has buttons for AUD, start, stop, program selection and mode functions.
- Steel Frame: This treadmill has a lifetime warranty on the steel frame. It’s made from welded steel to provide the strongest support and stability to the user.
- Transportation Wheel: 2-castor wheels on each side for easy manoeuvrability
Warranty and Support:
The motor has 3 years of warranty backup while other parts have a 1-year warranty. The steel frame has a lifetime warranty on it. Cockatoo is among those few brands who offer free installation services across India. You can call them or contact them in WhatsApp to claim free installation. This works great for the daily walkers, runners or fitness enthusiasts.
- Best value for money
- 2HP power motor
- Fat burning belt
- 48-inch running deck
- Sturdy steel body
- 3 years warranty
- No incline option
As mentioned earlier Cockatoo treadmill is a true home-based treadmill. If you want to burn some calories or lose some belly fat staying at your home, go get this! Because honestly, at this price, you will struggle hard to find another that offers so much in an entry-level treadmill.
Do you think all automated treadmills are expensive? Check out our next option which is from Lifelong. Lifelong is a well-known brand in Indian for making treadmills and the price that is offered is crazy. Most importantly, the problem with available floor space in your room is solved as this model has a 90-degree foldable design.
It boasts a 2.5 HP motor that goes up to 10 km/hour which is god for walking, running and also for intense cardio exercise. It also includes features like heart rate sensor, calorie counter, in-built speaker, 12 per-set working programmes and others. The only reason it is placed 2nd on the list is that is, it lacks the belly fat burner belt. But on the contrary, it is cheaper and space-saving.
Motor: 2.5 HP
Highest Speed: 10 km/hour
Running Area: 43-inch
Highest Weight: 90 kg
- Cushioning: Lifelong treadmill comes with 8 shock-absorbing rubber pads under the deck for maximum protection to the user.
- Programs: It comes with speakers with AUX and USB input, 12 pre-set programs for dedicated weight loss training and a heart rate sensor. You can customize the workout modes according to your preference.
- Digital Display: The display shows runtime, speed, distance covered and calories burnt
- Personalized Diet Plan: You get 1-month free personalized diet plan from HealthyFy only with Lifelong treadmills
- Easy to move and Store: The model features a 90-degree foldable design and two castor wheels for easy portability.
Warranty and Support:
Lifelong gives you 3 years warranty on the motor, 1 year on the parts and manufacturing defects. They also provide free installation services across 500 cite in India. After the delivery, you need to contact them for free service.
- Best affordable treadmill
- 5 HP motor
- Easy to store
- 8 safety pads on the running deck
- 1-month free diet plan from HealthyFy
- 3 years warranty on the motor
- No automatic inclination option, but justifies the price
- A bit short running area
This treadmill has a 2.5 HP motor that is sufficient for walking, running as well as intense cardio. From inbuilt speakers, calorie burner to heart rate sensors it has it all. Though it lacks the belly burner it is still one of the best made and affordable treadmills in the market. If you have a budget issue and you cannot afford Cockatoo, you can go with Lifelong with your eyes closed!
One of the best bands in India, Powermax makes treadmills for commercial use. But this model is also a very good option for a home gymnasium. It is small and compact and takes very little space when you fold it.
At a slightly higher price this machine comes with some premium features like-auto inclination level, pulse rate sensor, 5.5” LED display, anti-skid feet, energy-efficient copper motor and lots more. Well, there is no reason to dislike the product as such, but, it has a slightly less powerful motor of 1.75 HP. It says the maximum weight capacity is 90kg but we doubt that. We don’t recommend it if you are over 80 kg.
Motor: 1.75 HP
Speed: 1.0 to 10km/hour
Running Deck: 43-inch
Highest Weight: 90 kg
- Speakers for Music: It has console speakers next to the console which can be used for listening to music. You can use the USB or AUX port for playing music on this treadmill.
- Modes and Sensor: You can find a total of 12 workout programs and 3 target modes in this treadmill. These use the included heart rate sensor on the handrail to keep you fit and healthy.
- LED Display: This treadmill has a 5.5 inch LED Display which shows various information. It includes things like speed, time, distance covered and calories burnt.
- Cast Steel Shock Absorption: Even if you are running on this treadmill, it can easily absorb all shocks due to the cast steel resistance system.
- Textured Running Belt: A great thing about this treadmill is that it has an anti-skid textured running belt which prevents you from slipping.
- Small and compact design save floor space
- Anti-skid running belt
- Multi-layer cushioning absorbs shock
- Moisture-proof, water-resistant CPU
- Foldable; comes with a lock
- Auto-stop function for users safety
- Not suitable for people with more than 80 kg
- Not suitable for gyms, for home use only
Warranty and Support:
Powermax TDM-98 has 3 years warranty on the copper motor and 1-year warranty on parts. They don’t provide free installation service but it is delivered in 90% assembled state. Other tools and parts are for DIY installation. You can find installation videos on YouTube. Powermax provides onsite service support across India. Their service team reach within 48-72 hours.
PowerMax Fitness TD is one of the best treadmills available in India. If you want to go one step ahead with running choosing a treadmill with inclination is a better option. Powermax is a bit on the higher price side but has better safety features and a copper motor that is super energy efficient. However, people with over 80 kg will need something sturdier than this.
Fitkit FT100 is our favourite high-end treadmill on the list. It is made with the best technology and advanced features. The appearance is also like those high-tech commercial treadmills. With Fitkit FT100 you can have a gym like fitness training at your home.
It has a DC motor of 1.75 HP, 3 manual inclination levels, auto lubrication, and F+ health app support for android and IOS users. This can handle weight up to 110 kg which an advanced over the previous models. 3 inclination levels and a max speed of 14.8 km is great for your HIIT or intense cardio exercise. The reason it comes 4th on the list is that it has only one year warranty on the motor.
Motor: 1.75 HP
Speed: 0.8 to 14.8 km/hour
Running Deck: 45 inches
Highest Weight: 110 kg
- 3-level Manual Inclination: You can increase the inclination to increase the calorie burn without changing the walking speed. This is great for efficient cardiovascular training.
- Quiet and Efficient Motor: Fitkit features a noise-free and energy-efficient motor. It is sturdier, more powerful and completely noise-free
- Shock Absorbing Pads: The multi-layered shock-absorbing running pads protects your keens from accidental falling.
- Digital Display: The digital display shows heart rate, calories burnt, speed, time, distance. There are pre-set workout programs and modes that you can change. It is provided with built-in speaker and AUX port and cables.
- Auto Lubrication: Auto lubrication takes care of the machine and makes it last longer.
Warranty and Support:
The machine has a 1 year warranty on the motor and 1 year on the parts. They provide free installation across India and have around 650 service centres.
- Best high-tech treadmill
- 3 inclination levels
- Speeds up t 14.8km/hour
- Max body weight 110 kg
- F+ fitness app for android and IOS
- Noiseless motor
- Only a 1-year warranty
- Expensive model
Fitkit TD-100 can be too much if you want a treadmill for daily walking. But if you are into fitness, 3 manual inclinations, 14.8 km max speed makes sense. Also, if you are more than 100 kg you will need something like this and there is no better option under this price range. Basically, if you are looking for the best treadmill and ready to shed some extra bucks for it, go with Fitkit.
MAXPRO is primarily known for making value for money fitness products for home-usage. And the MAXPRO IM5001 is one of the most affordable treadmills mentioned in this article. Even though it is an affordable option, it has a lot going for the given price. Thus, it is present in the 5th position in this article.
One of the best things about this treadmill is its 1.5 HP power motor which is as powerful as larger motors. It supports upto 100 kg weight along with a top speed of 12 km/hour. As a result, this motor is more than enough for most treadmill users out there. It is one of the only affordable treadmill options on Amazon which also comes with an inclination feature. This can come in quite handy for a lot of users.
Motor: 1.5 HP
Speed: 0.8 – 12 km/hour
Running Deck: 43 inches
Highest Weight: 100 kg
- 2-level Manual Inclination: This treadmill allows the user to incline the running deck if required. While this process is done manually, it offers a total of 2 levels of adjustment to the user.
- Highly Efficient Motor: Even though this treadmill has a small 1.5 HP motor, it supports upto 100 kg weight. And you can use it at upto 12 km/hour which is similar to much more expensive options.
- Anti Skid Running Deck: If you face slipping issues while using a treadmill, then this one can be a great option. It offers a 5 layer grass texture running belt.
- LCD Display: The included LCD display on this treadmill can be used to view all sorts of information while running. It shows you time, distance, speed, calories burnt, pulse rate, and much more.
- Easy to Store: You can easily store this treadmill at your hoe due as you can simply tilt and roll it in while storing it away.
Warranty and Support:
Even though this is an affordable option, it comes with a 1-year warranty which is the industry standard. And MAXPRO offers great service and support to its users as you can simply contact them over WhatsApp.
- Easy to store while not using.
- Highly efficient and powerful motor.
- Includes a feature-rich display.
- Anti-skid running belt for running without slips.
- Only two levels of inclination
- Supported weight could have been higher.
MAXPRO’s IM5001 is definitely not the best treadmill option available out there. But it offers various useful things to its users which are great to have at the given price. As a result, it is the best value for money present in this article.
Kobo is known for making some of the most expensive and high-end treadmills out there. As a result, the Kobo Fitness Treadmills comes with almost everything that you can ever need in a treadmill. Therefore, this expensive treadmill is in 6th place in this article.
It allows you to run at speeds of 16.8 km/hour which is quite higher than all other treadmills mentioned in this article. Apart from that, the 10.1-inch console screen also offers various features to the user. All of these can be quite handy while running on this treadmill. Not only is this treadmill fast, but it also supports upto 120 kgs of weight which is the best in class.
Motor: 2 HP
Speed: 0.8 to 16.8 km/hour
Running Deck: 47 inches
Highest Weight: 120 kg
- Speakers and Ports: You can find speakers along with a USB port and AUX port in this treadmill. It allows you to listen to your favorite music tracks quite easily.
- Highly Powerful Motor: The motor of this Kobo treadmill is much faster than all other options present in this article. It offers running speeds of upto 16.8 km/hour while supporting 120 kg weight.
- Excellent Service and Warranty: As it is a high-end product, it offers much longer warranty along with great customer support to its users.
- 10 Inch Display: It offers a 10 inch TFT screen with Wi-Fi for its console. And as you would expect, it allows you to check every aspect of this high-end treadmill.
- Auto Lubrication: This treadmill automatically lubricated itself which can be quite useful for various users.
Warranty and Support:
Kobo Fitness Treadmill is one of the only options out there that offer a 3-year warranty. Due to this, you can use this treadmill for a long time without running into any issues because of the great customer support offered by Kobo.
- Best in class motor performance
- Includes a 10 inch Wi-Fi display for the console
- Offers a 3-year warranty to the user
- Folds up for easy storage
- Anti-skid surface along with shock reduction
- Price can be steep for some users
- No incline function
If you do not have any budget restrictions while buying a treadmill, then the Kobo Fitness Treadmill can be a great option for you. You can find all the possible features in this treadmill. This includes things like a high-performance motor, a large console display, and great customer support. Due to all these reasons, it is one of the best options out there.
Coming to the last and final treadmill in this article, we have a great option from Durafit. It is yet another affordable and value for money option if you are in the market for a treadmill.
If you are new to treadmills, the Durafit Spark can be a great option for a lot of users. Using this treadmill is quite easy due to its console controls. And the motor power is also adequate enough for new users. Apart from that, the treadmill is also quite small and compact which makes storing it quite easy. And you get all of this at an affordable price which makes it a great first-time option.
Motor: 1.25 HP
Speed: 1 to 12 km/hour
Running Deck: 59 inches
Highest Weight: 95 KG
- Easy to Store: You can easily store this treadmill at your home due to its compact and lightweight design.
- Silent motor: While the motor of this treadmill is not the most powerful one, it is certainly silent.
- Anti Skid Running Belt: You will not slip while running on this treadmill due to its anti-skid coating.
- Easy to Read Display: The console of this treadmill is quite easy to understand and use even for new users. It can be used to check various things like speed, time, distance, calories, and much more.
Warranty and Support:
Just like many other budget treadmills out there, this one also comes with a 1-year warranty. You can avail its warranty in case if you face any issues. And contacting Durafit is quite easy using their official website.
- Great for first-time users
- Easy to store
- Compact and lightweight design
- Controls are easy
- Large running deck with anti-skid surface
- Motor power could have been more
- Lacks incline feature
For those of you who are buying a treadmill for the first time, the Durafit Spark treadmill can be a great option. Apart from being highly affordable, you also get various features which can be useful for first-time users. And these make it a great value for money option available on Amazon.
Treadmills are one of the best fitness machines available on Amazon. Unfortunately, just like any other gym equipment or machine, there are various important factors related to treadmills. And you cannot buy one for yourself without knowing about these. Therefore, we have mentioned some of the best treadmill machines in this article which you can buy from Amazon. But if you are still not able to choose the best one for you, here are our recommendations:
If you want one of the best treadmills available out there, then you can go with the Fitkit FT100 Series Motorized Treadmill. While it is certainly not the best value for money option, you can expect almost all the features in this treadmill. And these can be quite helpful for staying fit at your home.
Although, the MAXPRO IM5001 Folding Treadmill offers a great value for money as it has a lot going for its given price. While you miss out on some extra features, it is definitely worth its given price tag.
Although if you want to improve your running speed other than being fit, then you should opt for the Kobo Fitness Treadmill. This treadmill offers much faster running speeds than all other treadmill options present in this article. And you can also find various useful features which make the overall experience even better. It is certainly a great option if you can afford its high price tag.
Make sure to share your thoughts in the comments section. You can also post any questions down there if you have any!