As everything is digital these days, printing out our photographs might feel a little old fashioned to some people. But, believe us, this is a most joyful thing to do to reminisce about the good old days. And, with the help of advancements in technology, it is possible.
You can get yourself a photo printer that you can carry along with you wherever you go as printers are not the bulky machines that it used to be in the early times. So, we are going to mention some of the Best Portable Photo Printers in India. But, you must consider looking at some essential factors before buying:
- Size of the printer: As we are talking about the portability aspects here, the size of the photo printer must be apt enough that it should be easy to carry for an individual. Make sure to choose a compact one if you are planning to take it on a tour with you. You can simply check its dimensions in cm like 11.9 x 8.1 x 1.8 cm or 2.2 x 7.5 x 11.5 cm.
- Printing Resolution: Another essential aspect of a printer is its resolution. Because the picture quality of the print depends on the resolution that the printer prints. Better resolutions provide a sharp image quality. Just like an image printing resolution options come as either 4800 x 1200 or 320 dpi.
- Printing Speed: Almost every printer provides a nice speed of printing, but having more speeds just helps you to print away faster if you are printing in bulk. Anything less than a minute is a good place to start.
In case there is still confusion in your mind, you can check out the complete Buying Guide for Photo Printers down below.
5 Best Portable Photo Printers in India 2020
|Portable Photo Printers||Connectivity||Supports||Print size||Print per Charge||Buy Now|
|Polaroid ZIP Mobile Printer||Bluetooth, NFC||iOS, Android||2.9inchx4.7inch||25 sheets||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Canon Ivy Wireless Bluetooth Mobile Printer||Bluetooth||iOS 9.0 and later, Android||2inchx3inch||20 sheets||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Kodak Wireless Photo Printer||WiFi, Bluetooth||iOS, Android||2.1inchx3.4inch||20 sheets||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Fujifilm Instax Share SP-2 Printer||wifi||Android||2.4x1.8inch||60 prints||CHECK ON AMAZON|
|Hamkaw Mini Photo Printer||USB, Bluetooth||Android, ios, windows||size of the mobile phone screen||4 rolling papers||CHECK ON AMAZON|
Best Portable Photo Printer in India: Reviews
1. Polaroid ZIP Mobile Printer
Polaroid is quite a famous brand as you will most likely find cameras that can print pictures along with capturing are from Polaroid. Although, this time, we have come across this stand-alone printer itself.
The Polaroid ZIP mobile printer is on 1st position on our list as there are plenty of features available. As for a printer, ink cartridges are an important component, but this one does not require such cartridges. The Zink paper produces colors upon heating. Moreover, the prints are quite sharp in quality, with a picture size of 2.9 inches X 4.7 inches.
For connectivity to your mobile or tablets, you can either choose Bluetooth or NFC to print images of resolution up to 4800 X 1200 dpi. And, it supports both Android and iOS platforms for better flexibility. As of its portability, it is quite compact in size and only weighs 191 grams. With a 500 mAh battery, it can print up to 25 sheets on a single charge.
Print Time: The Polaroid ZIP mobile printer takes less than a minute to print one sheet.
Print per Charge: It can print up to 25 sheets on a single charge
- Lightweight: This photo printer from Polaroid is as lightweight as a portable printer should be. The weight of this photo printer is only 191 grams, so that you can keep it in your handbag easily while traveling.
- Zink Paper: Most printers need you to change the color cartridges from time to time for consistent performance. But, the cost of cartridges is quite high, so a better alternative is zink paper. This paper has small molecules which change color upon heating. And, this printer uses this technology to print pictures very well.
- High Resolution: Out of all the photo printers on the list, you will find that this printer from Polaroid has the best resolution among all other photo printers. It offers you a resolution of 4800 X 1200 dpi.
Warranty and Customer Support: This photo printer from Polaroid is quite rigid, and the build quality is also sturdy, and Polaroid offers a warranty period of 1 year with this product. However, if you face any issues with the printer, you can freely contact the Polaroid customer support by clicking on the link given below.
- Fantastic printing quality
- Zink paper technology
- Highly portable
- A little expensive
- Only prints 25 sheets on one charge
- Takes 1.5 hours to get fully charged.
The Polaroid ZIP mobile photo printer is an excellent pick for those who are always on the go and need a reliable option that has a sturdy build quality and provides a fantastic picture quality. However, it is slightly on the expensive side so it might not be suitable for everyone to buy. Otherwise, it’s great as a product.
2. Canon Ivy Wireless Bluetooth Mobile Printer
Canon is one of the most popular brands from which you can buy a reliable and great camera for photography and other equipment. However, this time Canon has a photo printer to offer, which you can use to take out the prints of your images.
The Canon Ivy Wireless photo printer is on 2nd position on our list because of the brand trust and its features as well. As we compare it to the product on 1st position, this one is more expensive than that. You can easily operate this photo printer using the canon’s dedicated app or via Bluetooth.
It is compatible with iOS 9.0 or more and Android 4.4 or later versions. It is quite lightweight as it weighs only 159 grams only so you can easily carry it. The size of the pictures that it prints is 2 X 3 inches. Also, the pictures have a back peel that you can take off to stick the pictures anywhere. Moreover, it also uses Zink technology.
Print Time: Flawlessly prints images taking up 1 minute to print one picture.
Print per Charge: Can easily print up to 20 sheets on a single charge.
- Compact Size: The Canon ivy is a great choice to pick if you are a frequent traveler and want to print photos on the go. The size of this printer is very compact and easily fits in the pockets as well.
- Great picture quality: The picture quality of the prints is by far one of the best that you can expect from a mini wireless photo printer. As being a product of a well-known brand as Canon, you can expect some good quality images.
- Dedicated app for convenience: To operate this printer, Canon has its own dedicated printer application, which you can use to easily connect to the photo printer and give it commands to print photos.
Warranty and Customer Support: Canon’s product is quite reliable and of good quality, as we have come across some other products from it as well. With this photo printer, Canon offers a warranty period of 1 year with this product. However, in case you are having any issues with the printer, you can contact Canon’s customer support anytime, with the help of the link given below.
- Uses Zero Ink technology sheets
- Sturdy build
- Fits in pockets
- Amazing picture quality
- Canon’s dedicated app for connection
- Expensive than other products
- Only carries 10 sheets max
As it is a Canon product, so you can expect some good quality pictures and a reliable product from such a brand. Moreover, the printer uses Zink technology, so there is no need to buy more cartridges. But, if you are on a tight budget, we will not recommend you to buy this one as it is quite expensive.
3. Kodak Mini 2 HD Wireless Mobile Instant Photo Printer
Kodak is yet another great brand to consider when it comes to choosing photography equipment. Kodak has a wide range of products from which we have picked this photo printer for you.
The Kodak Mini 2 HD Photo printer is on 3rd position on our list as the printer provides some good specs at this price range. As we compare this to the products on top order, this one gives a head to head competition to both and is also cheaper than both. The print size of the image from this printer is 2.1 X 3.4 inches.
It uses Kodak MC cartridges, which combine paper & color ink for easy maintenance. For connectivity, it uses Bluetooth and NFC as well. One most convenient thing about this is that it is operable from Kodak’s dedicated app as well. As far as its size is your concern, it weighs 227 grams and is slightly bigger than a smartphone in size.
Print Time: it takes about 50 seconds to print one sheet completely.
Prints per Charge: Can print up to 20 sheets on one time full charge.
- Filters available: There are a variety of filters and frames available that you can choose and apply to your pictures. It is a great feature to offer these small photographs look really good with those filters and frames.
- Kodak’s dedicated App: Kodak has its own app to operate this photo printer efficiently. You can connect your mobile with this printer via Bluetooth and NFC as well. But, the app provides you an easier way of doing that.
- Quick Print Time: By far, it is one of the best options for you if you are looking for a printer that prints a little faster. It can print up to 20 sheets at one charge.
Warranty and Customer Support: Kodak is a great brand to buy photography equipment. And, this photo printer is not anything different. Kodak does not mention any warranty period with this printer. However, you can still contact customer support for more details. The link is given below.
- High-quality photos
- All-in-one convenience
- Free companion app
- Easy to carry
- NFC makes it easier to connect devices
- Higher running costs
- Can not receive commands from a computer
The Kodak Mini 2 HD is an excellent option for people who need a reliable product that is worth the money as well. We recommend you to invest your money in this one as it performs its task really well. However, it is a little heavier than other products, but a few grams does not make a difference in real life.
4. Fujifilm Instax Share SP-2 Printer
Fujifilm is one of the favorite brands of professional photographers. And, it builds not only cameras but some good quality compact photo printers as well. Fujifilm is yet another good brand that you can trust and invest your money.
It is on our list because of its features that are absolutely good as we compare it to other devices as well. It prints high-resolution images with print pixels of 800×600 dots and a print resolution of 320 dpi. It consists of a rechargeable battery, and you can connect to it using a Wi-Fi connection.
As far as weight is your concern, it feels quite light but is the heaviest among all these products on list weighing 245 grams. Moreover, it has support for Android Version 2.3.3 or later, and iOS 8.0 or later versions. Hence, it should not be a problem for you to connect to this printer.
Print Time: The print time of the Fujifilm Instax Share SP-2 is 10 seconds for printing one sheet.
Print per Charge: It has the battery capacity to print roughly 60 prints per charge.
- Superb Image Quality: As we can expect from a brand like Fujifilm, the picture quality has always been good from all Fujifilm products, and this printer does the same as well. Prints beautiful pictures of 320 dpi resolution.
- Fast printing: This is the fastest printing speed that you will see from any device on this list. It takes only 10 seconds to print one image, which is very fast as we compare it to other photo printers.
- Various Templates available: It has various templates available, which can provide your pictures with a completely new look. It has many options to create a collage as well as many filters for your photos.
Warranty and Customer Support: Fujifilm is a great brand because its after-sales service is really good. However, you might not need it, but still, Fujifilm offers a warranty of 1 year with this product. In case you need to claim the warranty, you can click on the link given below and contact the support.
- Great image quality
- Different templates to choose from
- Printing speed is very fast
- Sturdy and reliable
- Slightly Expensive
- A bit bulky
- Printing cost is higher
- No Zink technology used
It is a great pick for you if you have a decent budget and looking for a decent quality photo printer at this price range. With the flexibility of various templates, you can change the look of your images to a large extent. However, it is a bit bulky and weighs around 250 grams. Still, you can keep it in your bag if you want.
5. Hamkaw Mini Photo Printer
Hamkaw is yet another good brand if you are looking for a portable small size photo printer. This printer makes it different from others as it has support for Windows PC as well.
This Hamkaw printer can be used to print anything of that small size, either it is a receipt or any pictures that you took from your mobile. This multipurpose printer uses no ink to print. Instead, it has thermal printing technology, so here you save money on ink as well. Apart from that, it has an OCR function that helps you to scan and then you can edit the texts accordingly.
As we talk about its size, it is compact enough to fit in your pocket as its size is 3.11 X 3.11 X 1.65 inches. For connectivity, you can either use mobile and connect it using Bluetooth. On the other hand, if you want to connect it to a PC, is it possible using a USB cable. It is compatible with systems that have Android 4.4.4 and above, ios 8.0 and above.
Print Time: The print time is decent enough, depends on the length of the receipt or image as well.
Print per Charge: It can easily print up to 4 rolling papers on a single charge.
- Small and Lightweight: As this can be primarily used to print receipts, this is quite small and compact in size. You can easily put it in your pocket or handbag and carry it along with you wherever you go.
- Connects with PC: This is the only portable photo printer that is so small and provides the facility to connect to a computer directly. You can do so using a USB cable.
- Decent Resolution: The picture quality from this is decent enough as it provides a resolution of 203 dpi. This quality is good for a small size picture that this printer prints, and even good for receipts as well.
Warranty and Customer Support: There is no warranty available on this photo printer.
- Good for printing receipts
- Uses film rolls
- Very affordable
- Connects with PCs as well
- Only prints in Black and White
- Not suitable for photo printing
- No Warranty on this product
For those who are on a budget, they can use this receipt printer as their photo printer. This is the most affordable option available on the list, which can print in black and white only. So, if you have nothing to do with the colors and the budget is tight as well, this might work for you.
Buying Guide for Photo Printers
Buying a photo printer seems to be a hefty task as there are multiple choices available on the Indian market, and it gets hard to look for the right model for your needs. However, it will not be a tough decision for you after you go through this complete buying guide for photo printers. Unlike the earlier times, clicking pictures or the camera rolls and getting them printed on a paper cost too much, only the richest could afford at the time.
But, in this era of technology, everything is available, not in the shape of a big and bulky machine, but in small sizes and lightweight as well, which are easier to carry and use. Every printer is unique as they use multiple features for connecting, printing, resolutions, etc.
Hence, we shall discuss some major factors that affect the performance of a photo printer, look for all these specifications in a photo printer so that you can get the best model for yourself.
- Wi-Fi: This way of connecting is by far the best and reliable option as it allows you to seamlessly connect your mobile phone to the photo printer and print images directly without any hassle. As most of these printers are portable, they work using wireless connectivity options, and Wi-Fi is one of them. However, you might not find this functionality on some printers as it affects the cost of the photo printer.
- USB: A very rare to find trait in portable photo printers but, if you find one on yours, grab it as it allows to connect the printer to a computer. This feature is missing on most of the photo printers out there.
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth is the most reliable and easiest to operate when you need to transfer data over a short range of distances from one device to another. And, in the case of a printer, it is quite fast and reliable. You will find this connectivity feature on almost every photo printer out there as it is quite easy to install, and almost every mobile phone has the support for Bluetooth.
- NFC: NFC is also being used quite often these days as it makes the connection very fast and easily. Because all we need to do is turn on NFC and touch both devices. It establishes a connection and sends the data and command to the printer. Quite a handy feature to have on your choice of a photo printer.
2. Print Quality
The print quality of a printed image is measured in DPI, which stands for dots per inch. It basically means the number of dots within a one-inch square. Hence, you can understand it as the higher the DPI, the better will be the picture quality. Since the paper size of these portable photo printers is small, even the resolution of 200 dpi gives a decent quality image. You can also find print resolution like 4800 x 1200 mentioned in some portable photo printers.
However, if your budget is higher, you can find yourself a photo printer, which can provide you a much better resolution. Mostly happens in the case of printers, if you opt to buy a costlier one, you will definitely get a better product. As more and more you invest in a printer, the better picture quality it will provide to you.
3. Paper Size
In the case of normal printers, you might find a lot of variety in sizes. But, as we are discussing compact photo printers here, which are highly portable. Then it is obvious that the will be small in size. And, in accordance, the paper size is going to be small as well.
However, the paper size will be thoroughly mentioned in the box of the printer, and you can easily find it on the internet as well. The general paper size of a portable photo printer is near a phone screen size or might be a little smaller. The most common paper size that you will find will be 2 X 3 inches.
4. Ink Type
There are a lot of ways available to print on paper these days. Like the earlier times, some printers still use the traditional way of using ink cartridges. However, if we talk about some new techniques, most printers are using thermal techniques to print on paper.
The paper used in the printers already has a coating of ink, which activates and produces colors upon heating. Most printers are using this technique as it saves a lot of money because the Zink paper costs nearly half the price of a normal ink cartridge. The kind of printers which do not use Zink papers, but still operate using the thermal techniques can print only in black and white. This kind of printer can be suitable for you if you want to print out receipts only.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a very common issue that can happen to you using any printer, but it is easy to fix as well. In case you are experiencing paper feeding issues from your printer, one possible cause for this might be that you have not placed the printing paper correctly. This generally happens when you run out of paper and refill the slot. So, you can try out to place it correctly if this issue occurs. Another major cause for this to happen might be small paper pieces that are stuck inside the printer. You can try out to clean the printer entirely and remove if any small pieces of paper are stuck somewhere, or it is dusty from inside. If the issue still occurs, you can contact the customer support and claim the warranty.
As we are discussing portable photo printers here, so we assume that it can happen using a mobile phone only as computers are not a reliable way to choose if we are on a trip. So, using a mobile phone, we have multiple ways to connect to a photo printer, such a Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC as well. But, out of all these ways, we prefer Wi-Fi connectivity more as it is faster than any other method. Also, some people might struggle using the NFC feature as it is not available on every smartphone yet. And Bluetooth is slower as we compare it to Wi-Fi. So, in conclusion, Wi-Fi is the best way to connect to a portable photo printer.
Yes, it is possible, you can give multiple commands at once, it will queue and executed one by one. But, as most printers have a limited number of sheets, we recommend you print them one by one as if anything wrong occurs with the printer, the whole batch of sheets can get wasted.
As we know, the Indian Market has a lot of options to choose from, no matter what product you are looking for. You will definitely find hundreds of products in front of you always. Something similar will happen to you if you search for portable photo printers online. But, if you are still getting confused, we have some recommendations for you.
- If you are on a budget, the most affordable device on the list is Hamkaw Mini Photo Printer. However, it is not rich in features, as it is primarily used to print receipts. But, you can easily connect it to your mobile phone or PC and print any image you want. As it is a receipt printer, it has nothing to do with colors. Hence it can only print in the black and white scheme. But, still, it is the most affordable option and prints decent quality images with a resolution of 203 dpi.
- In case you are no issues regarding the budget, you can pick the Polaroid ZIP mobile printer. It is placed at the 1st position on our list as well. Another alternative for you can be the Canon’s Ivy, but the Polaroid ZIP mobile printer is overall good in every aspect. It has the best resolution and picture quality among all the devices on the list. You can connect with it using Bluetooth and NFC as well.
- On the other hand, if you have a decent budget, and you are looking for the best value for money product, the Kodak Mini 2 HD printers is the best option available for you. It has all the necessary features that a photo printer of this price range must-have. For better connectivity, it comes with Wi-Fi support. And, the overall printing quality is decent for this price. It can print up to 20 sheets on a single charge, and it is very light in weight and compact as well.
Make sure to share your thoughts in the comments section. You can also post any questions down there if you have any!