Calculators are an essential tool for engineers, architects, and students as well. However, a standard four-function calculator is quite apt for most of the users. But, when you need to solve complex equations quickly, using a scientific calculator can be a lot beneficial. These Scientific calculators come in a variety of options as some are advanced, while others provide somewhat fewer functions. On the other hand, most students are advised by their mentors to buy a specific version of a calculator.
But, if you are going to use it for professional work, a full-fledged scientific calculator with advanced features can be a lot helpful to you. But, one must check for some crucial factors before buying a suitable scientific calculator:
- Built-in functions: A scientific calculator is different from basic calculators as these provide you scientific functions for solving logarithm problems, trigonometric functions, binary, hexadecimal, and octal calculations and much more.
- Portability: A calculator must not be too big or too small as well. So, pick one which can easily fit in your pocket or handbag so that it can be easy to carry around.
- Battery: Battery is not much of an issue in calculators as they do not consume much, but still check for the factor as some calculators come with an in-built solar panel that charges the battery for providing longer life.
As there are plenty of options available, people tend to get confused while choosing a good one for themselves. Hence, in this article, we are going to mention some of the best scientific calculators in India that you can buy right now. In case you still have any doubts, you can check the complete Buying Guide for scientific calculators which you can find below in this article.
Best Scientific Calculators in India
|Scientific Calculators||Display||Power||Warranty||Buy Now|
|Casio FX-991EX Classwiz Scientific Calculator||High resolution LCD||Dual power-battery & solar||3 years||Check the Price|
|Casio FX-991ES PLus Scientific calculator||High resolution LCD||Dual power-battery & solar||3 years||Check the Price|
|Oreva FX-750MS Scientific Calculator||2-line 12 digit||Battery||1 year||Check the Price|
|Bambalio BL82MS Scientific Calculator||2-line 12 digit||Dual power-battery & solar||3 years||Check the Price|
|ProtoKart Scientific Calculator||2-line LCD||Battery||3 months||Check the Price|
|Casio FX-CG50 Scientific Calculator||Wide high-resolution LCD||Battery||3 years||Check the Price|
Reviews of Best Scientific Calculators in India
Coming from a brand that has a strong footing in developing scientific calculators, Casio FX-991EX is the latest addition to its array of non-programmable calculators.
Whether it is an examination, your statistics class or a project, one needs a reliable scientific calculator that is not only capable of storing, manipulating and graphing functions when entered in a symbolic form but also speeds up your performance.
The smart FX-991EX calculator comes with a QR code feature to generate a graphical representation of your equation. The advanced polynomial and matrix feature and the textbook display features are something to look out for in this innovative calculator. Even when you think there is a limitation to what a calculator can offer, Casio FX-991EX surprises you with its solar-powered charging and eco-friendly build.
- A step up from the FX-991ES, the FX-991EX Classwiz is 4X faster in performance and resolution display from its predecessor.
- The Classwiz calculator comes with 552 functions to quickly compute any mathematical and engineering equations.
- The high-resolution LCD increases the display of the amount of information resulting in better viewing of the symbols and equations.
- Casio brings in the QR code feature that enables it to generate a graphical visualization of your equation. It also allows you to access the user manual at all times. Adding to this, its advanced polynomial and matrix can define up to 4 X 4 matrix and even solve up to 4-degree polynomial, inequalities and simultaneous equations.
- Apart from this, logs, roots, powers and other mathematical formulas appear like the ones on a conventional textbook.
- The dual power technology allows your calculator to run longer through the battery as well as solar-powered charge. Needless to say, Casio FX-991EX Classwiz is ISO certified and is free of unhealthy substances such as lead, cadmium, mercury and hexavalent cadmium.
Casio adapts to the environmentally friendly route by creating a dual power port and using recycled plastic to build a stylish body. The surface has a unique texture to it that is enhanced by the elegant metallic keys.
Warranty: Comes with 3-year comprehensive warranty cover.
- Takes input in matrix form
- 4X performance
- 552 functions
- High-resolution LCD
- Solar-powered charge
- Eco-friendly build
- QR code feature
- 3-year warranty
- Could add a few more functions like LCM and GCD.
A great accessory to those involved in scientific projects and engineering examinations. A simple, lightweight and user-friendly calculator that also happens to be eco-friendly. The display is in no doubt one of the major plus points of the calculator. The textbook display for algebraic functions makes it easier for users to analyse the equation. It has a longer battery life with dual options of recharging. However, it would be great to see certain more additions in the symbols and functions of LCM, GCD, remainders, etc.
Even after being preceded by the latest entrant FX-991EX Classwiz, the Casio FX-991ES still holds its place as one of the most efficient and reliable scientific calculators available in the market.
Apt for an engineering student, the Casio FX-991ES has a sturdy build and stylish design that certainly gets a student’s approval. Equipped with quite an amount of impressive features, the FX-991ES takes up the second place on our list.
The dual powered calculator has a dot matrix display along with the natural textbook display feature for user-friendly viewing of algebraic functions and equations. With 417 functions, FX-991ES can perform complex numbers, vectors and matrix calculations. The multiple modes on the calculator cause a sigh of relief to the students of statistics and polytechnic.
- Coming to its battery life, the FX-991ES has a dual power mode that enables it to function through the battery as well as the solar charge resulting in longer battery life.
- Students can utilise the 417 functions available in the calculators by simply switching onto the desired mode.
- The single key can help you perform complex, statistics, vector, matrix and polytechnic calculations with ease.
- The matrix and vector mode can solve up to 3 by 3 matrix and 3-dimensional vector problems. Statistical and regression problems can also be computed using the list-based data on the statistics mode.
- The calculator even has an option to use colored functions. Go through the user manual to figure out which keys perform the yellow and red colored options.
- The dot-matrix display is a high-resolution display that allows one to view the varied numerical and functions on the screen with ease.
- The textbook display, on the other hand, allows one to see the symbols and functions just like the ones that appear in a printed textbook.
The build of the calculator is impressive as it is sturdy and elegant at the same time. The surface is quite smooth and it is adorned with plastic keys. The color pleases the eyes and makes it easier for the user to differentiate the different function keys.
Warranty: Comes with 3-year comprehensive warranty cover.
- Natural textbook display
- 3 years warranty
- Can perform colored functions
- Dual powered
- Long battery life
- Functions are slightly lesser when compared to the direct competitor Casio FX-991EX.
The right choice for an engineering student or a statistician. The most reliable part of the calculator is its battery life. It performs all the necessary functions required by an engineering student. It is budget-friendly. The color-coded keys over a pleasant background make it easier to differentiate between the keys and use them.
Oreva is yet another name for quality and innovation when it comes to digital clocks and calculators. Next up on our list is a simplified version of a scientific calculator that is ideal for schools and offices. The Oreva FX-750MS is a trustworthy calculator for those who need access to a limited number of functions.
Although this calculator comes with 401 functions and a two-line display. The large keypad in the calculator is well-designed by placing the keys tactfully and color coding them. Each key is marked with its specific and alternate functions to make it user-friendly.
- Oreva is a sister company to the leading clock manufacturing brand-Ajanta. The main ideology of Oreva is to provide quality at an affordable price to cater to the varied socio-economic segment of people in India.
- Oreva calculators are a signature buy for students at schools and colleges that not only is affordable but also provides over 401 functions.
- The 120 steps calculator has a 12-digit display that enables users to compute and get results within seconds.
- The FX-750MS calculator has a dot-matrix display and multi-key replay function for easier use.
- The Oreva calculator can perform matrix calculations and solve algebraic equations effortlessly.
Warranty: Comes with only 1 year of manufacturer warranty.
- 1-year warranty
- Can perform matrix calculations
- Decent battery life
- Display needs improvement
- Build quality
If you are looking for something that performs most of the scientific and mathematical equations at an affordable price, Oreva FX-750MS should be your choice. Although the performance of the calculator is pretty good, the make and build of the product need improvement. It is highly prone to damage. On the other hand, display resolution poses a problem. Overall, it is a decent buy.
Another affordable scientific calculator that promises high performance is this Bambalio BL82MS scientific calculator. Bambalio is a company known for its extensive stationery products available across India. The company offers an array of calculators ranging from digital pocket calculators to advanced scientific calculators.
It comes with a large widespread keypad and large LCD to help you work through your mathematical problems easily. A sturdy build is what one should look for and BL82MS offers you just the same. In addition to this, the calculator also comes with a cover shield that you can slide on/off protecting the keys and the display panel.
- BL82MS is one highly recommended scientific calculator that offers around 401 functions and provides a 2 line display.
- The dual powered calculator offers a dot-matrix display feature that enables users to operate it seamlessly.
- The 12 digit display panel is of a decent size and allows a 2-line display to ease your calculations.
- As mentioned earlier, the keys are displayed across the large keypad systematically with proper markings and color codes. The keys are made up of soft plastic that makes it easier for users to effortlessly work through.
- It has a 240 steps check and correct feature as well.
Warranty: 3 years of manufacturer warranty
- Sliding cover
- 3-year warranty
- Large display
- Dual powered
- Cannot perform matrix calculations
It is a decent option for students with a budget. The performance is pretty impressive. It does perform all the complicated equations and problems on accountancy and engineering except matrix calculations. The display is good with a large panel and 2-line exhibit. The shield cover is sturdy enough to protect the calculator and is ideal for schools and offices.
Following the Bambalio BL82MS is yet another reasonably priced professional calculator from ProtoKart. ProtoKart is a well-known E-commerce service site that offers products ranging from sports, electronics to stationary.
This professional-grade calculator from ProtoKart has a widespread keypad with clearly marked function keys and color codes. This enables the user to compute easily without having to spend much time on looking for the right one. The calculator comes with a hard shell cover that one can slide on/ off to protect the working surface.
- The large display panel allows easy viewing to students and professionals. One can even view their input and results at the same time as it has a 2-line display.
- The scientific calculator can easily handle 1 and 2 variable statistical calculations, angle modes such as degrees, radians and grades and even notation modes.
- It can generate up to 240 functions and is ideal for engineering students.
Warranty: Only 3 months of warranty cover
- Robust and sturdy build
- Protective cover
- Up to 240 functions
- Decent battery life
- Only 3 months of warranty
An ideal calculator for high school students and engineers. The functioning of the keys is smooth and the performance is also skilful. The protective guard works as an amazing back cover when placed on a rough surface. The display is quite large and the resolution is impressive. Overall, it is a good buy for a pocket-friendly price.
Finishing off our list, we bring you the next generation calculator for advanced calculations- Casio FX-CG50. Casio always strives to make better and more suitable products and FX-CG50 is one of their latest conceptions. The make of the calculator resembles that of a smartphone with wider display, stylish texture and elegant metallic keys.
The functions that this graphic calculator can perform are innumerable. Right from basic functioning to 3D graphing, E-CON4 application to color display. The calculator has a natural textbook display with over 2900 functions.
This graphic calculator is highly recommended for examinations such as SAT, ACT, IB, PSAT and IGCSE. In case you are wondering why we placed this highly advanced calculator at the end of our list, it is because it serves the purpose of only a particular set of people and it is fairly expensive.
- One can draw up to 4 types of graphs using a template that includes sphere, cylinder, line and plane graphs.
- One can even zoom in/out to view the graphs, rotate and study the cross-section.
- The ECON 4 application works with a simple interface to collect data from a class or lecture and its AUTO-ID recognition feature effectively create a graph using the data collected.
- Apps can be transferred to the calculator using a USB cable either from your laptop or the Casio data projector.
- The smart calculator uses software to enable teachers to prepare lecture materials and help display to the class through a projector.
- Apart from these highly advanced functions, the FX-CG50 calculator performs all the basic functions such as computing angles, hyperbolic functions, trigonometric functions, fraction, matrix and vector calculations, Base-n calculation, engineering notations, statistics to name a few.
- The calculator also a catalogue function where you can look for your desired function enlisted in either alphabet, history or category search.
- Last but not least, it allows you to set your calculator into an examination mode in which it restricts access to memory and applications.
Warranty: 3 years of warranty cover.
- Highly advanced features
- 3D graphing
- Elegant design and lightweight
- Protective guard
- Wider display
- 3 years warranty
- Long battery life
- Very expensive
This latest graphics calculator is as good as having a computer or an iPad. The advanced features allow you to comprehend and solve the toughest of the equation. The wide-angle display panel of the calculator has a good resolution and great color representation. It is a highly recommended product for those looking for an apt accessory to carry along for advanced courses or examinations. However, the pricing of the product cannot be disregarded. The cost is unbelievably high for a calculator.
How to Choose a Scientific Calculator?
1. Built-in Functions
Other than solving complex additions, subtractions, multiplications and divisions and the scientific calculator should be capable of performing binary, hexadecimal, and octal calculations, fractions, logarithms, probability, statistics, etc.
2. Battery/Solar and Battery
While all basic calculators are battery powered, some high-end models also have solar power backup which ensures a longer battery life.
It is best to choose a lightweight and portable calculator that fits easily in the pocket or bag and can be carried to classes and office.
While engineers may need to use their scientific calculators in the fields, students may need to carry it to their classes, labs, and workshops. So, it is important to choose a calculator that it robust and durable and has a large screen that shows clear figures even in the sun.
Calculators are a basic requirement in educational institutions nowadays as the advanced subjects involved require a faster approach to the solutions. As and when you scale greater heights in education the mathematical equations get more complicated and require auxiliary assistance. There can be more innovation concerning calculators in future years but a scientific calculator that performs basic functions such as matrix and vector calculations, regression, notation, etc are apt for any high school or engineering student.
Our recommendation is the best value for money Casio FX-991EX Classwiz Non-Programmable Scientific Calculator. This one is an allrounder and can basically take care of all types of mathematical expressions with ease. With the added benefit of Casio’s superior customer support and 3 years warranty, this one is actually a great buy!
Whether it is a basic scientific calculator or a graphic one, figure out what your requirement is. A good calculator should be light on your pocket, perform all the necessary functions and have longer battery life.
Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below!