With the recent launch of the 4G services from Reliance Jio in India, the craze for the 4G mobiles is increasing every day. It is known that Jio has been offering free calls and unlimited Internet to all the users across the country. To be frank, Airtel is the first network that created a path to the other manufacturers in the 4G spectrum and Reliance Jio has took it to the next level by offering affordable 4G data connections.
So, keeping this in mind, almost all the Smartphone OEMs are launching their 4G LTE supported handsets in the Indian market at affordable prices. Earlier, I’ve covered the list of 4G mobiles under 10000 and in this article, let us see which are the best mobiles under 5,000 that support 4G network.
Also See: Jio 4G VoLTE Phones in India
Best 4G Mobiles under 5000 in India
Yunique, undoubtedly, is the best 4G Android mobile below Rs.5000 in India. This dual SIM 4G LTE supported handset sports a 4.7 inch display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels and comes with Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection. The Yunique houses the Snapdragon 410 quad core processor along with 1GB of RAM. You’ll get an internal storage of 8GB, which can be expanded up to 32GB via microSD card. The Smartphone runs on Android Lollipop 5.1 and is powered by a 2000 mAh battery that gives you around 7 hours of talk time.
On the rear is an 8MP autofocus camera with LED flash and on the front, there is a 2MP selfie camera. The connectivity options include 4G, 3G, 2G, GPS, WiFi and Bluetooth.
- Display is crisp and good under sunlight
- Camera is decent, especially in the daylight
- Gorilla Glass protection
- Design (or look) is pretty good. Slim and light.
- Good for medium gaming
- Average battery life
- Privacy apps are not working properly. May be it’s a software glitch and is already reported by many on the forums.
- 3rd party launches won’t work.
- Non-removable battery.
- Rear cover is a fingerprint magnet. So, get a extra case.
The Yunique 4G Android phone is exclusively available on Snapdeal for a price of Rs.4,999 in India.
#2.LYF Flame 8 with Jio Preview Offer
Reliance has already launched some ‘x’ number of 4G phones in India in order to promote their Jio mobile services and hence these LYF phones come with Jio preview offer that provides free calls and unlimited 4G services for a set period of time (90 days).
LYF Flame 8 is one such affordable 4G enabled handset that sports a 4.5 inch FWVGA display and is powered by a 1.1 GHz Snapdragon 210 processor, coupled with 1GB of RAM. Internal memory is 8GB and you can expand it upto 128 GB. There is an 8MP rear camera with autofocus and a 5MP selfie camera on the front. The 2000 mAh battery will give you a decent battery life if you use it for calls.
- Affordable cost
- Low cost (free for sometime) 4G services
- Decent camera
- Wifi, FM, Mobile signals are good
- Clear audio quality
- Memory expandable upto 128GB (more than enough for most Smartphone user)
- Viewing angles are pretty bad.
- Display quality is average
- Rear camera is decent, but the front cam is like 2MP (so don’t consider it if you’re a selfie freak)
- Not for heavy users because of average battery backup. It is because all the calls are made through 4G.
It is priced at Rs.4,199 and is available online at Flipkart.com
#3.Intex Aqua Star 4G
The Intex Aqua Star is a 4G supported Android mobile that comes with a 5 inch HD display and is powered by 1GHz processor, coupled with 1GB of RAM. You get 8GB of internal memory, which is expandable up to 128 GB.
On the rear is an 8MP camera with 4P lens and LED flash, while the front camera is of 2MP quality. It is dual SIM 4G phone with Android Lollipop running in the backend. The handset gets the power from a 2000 mAh battery.
- Nice build quality and decent display
- Good battery life
- Normal rear camera. Good during the daylight conditions, but not for low light shoots.
- No hanging or lags.
- Front camera is not good. A big NO for selfie freaks.
- Charging the phone takes a lot of time. It takes 3 hrs to charge from 10% to 100%.
It is available for a price of Rs.4,444 on Amazon.in
#4.Phicomm Energy 653
This 4G LTE enabled handset sports a 5 inch HD display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels and it runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) OS. The Phicomm Energy 653 mobile is powered by a 1.1 GHz quad-core processor, clubbed with 1GB of RAM. There is an internal memory of 8GB, which can be expanded upto 64GB using an external microSD card. Coming to the camera specs, the device sports an 8MP autofocus camera with LED flash on the rear side and a 2MP camera on the front end. This is a dual SIM supported Android phone and comes with several connectivity options like 4G, 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS. With the 2230 mAh battery in place, the phone weighs just 100 grams.
- Build quality is good
- Decent battery life
- Display is awesome
- Mid-end games are playable without any lag. But, not for highend users.
- Front camera is very good.
- Slight heating problem (there’s an OTA update to fix it)
- Speaker output is low, but can be improved by using the software update.
- Rear camera is quality is not upto the mark, but ok for regular clicks.
- No notification LED lights.
This 4g mobile is bang for the buck as it is priced very competitively for Rs.4,999 on Amazon.in
Lenovo is targeting the entry-level Android Smartphone market with its new A2010, which is touted as the cheapest 4G mobile in India in its A series like A6000, A6000 plus and A7000. The handset sports a 4.5 inch FWVGA display with a resolution of 854 x 480 pixels and is powered by a 1 GHz quad-core processor, clubbed with 1GB of RAM. There is an internal memory of 8GB, which can be easily expanded up to 32GB using a microSD card slot. On the rear, you’ll find a 5MP camera with LED flash and on the front is a 2MP selfie camera. The Lenovo A2010 runs on the Android 5.1 Lollipop OS with Vibe user interface. It comes packed with a 2000 mAh battery which gives up to 8.5 hours of talk time.
- Good processor
- UI response is very good.
- Battery life is decent
- Comes default with a screen guard
- Compact size and lightweight
- Call quality is good
- Speakers quality is good
- Camera quality is average. Could have been better
- Long charging time
- Build quality is average
It is priced at Rs.5,449 on Flipkart.com and is worth the cost.
Best Price on Flipkart.com
#6. Swipe Elite 2
The Swipe Elite 2 runs on the Lollipop OS and is powered by a 1.3 GHz quad core processor, coupled with 1GB RAM and 8GB ROM. You can also expand the memory upto 32GB using a microSD card. This dual SIM handset supports 4G and comes with a 1900 mAh battery. The device sports a 4.5 inch qHD display with 8MP rear and 5MP front cameras. All in all, the Elite 2 weighs just 84 gms, which is very less compared to the modern devices. So, if you want a lightweight Android handset under 5K, then you may consider this.
- Smooth touch response
- Decent looks (classy matte finish)
- Excellent sound quality
- UI is neat
- Decent battery life
- Above average camera
- Lot of bloatware apps installed (you can remove them if required)
- Headphones not provided
- Not for gaming lovers
It is priced at Rs.4,666 on Flipkart.com and is definitely worth the price.
As of now, the budget 4G mobile market is very limited, but with all the service providers in India turning towards the 4G LTE network, we can expect a change in the scenario by the end of 2016. Let’s hope the big players like Samsung, Xiaomi and Lenovo start manufacturing the best 4G mobiles under 5000 rupees segment too