Reliance Jio MNP Porting Guide: Starting September 5, 2016, Reliance Jio has been accepting the users from other mobile networks like Airtel, Idea, BSNL, Vodafone, Aircel, Docomo etc…to switch to their network by making use of the Mobile Number Portability option.
They’re also providing unlimited data and other exciting offers to those who migrate from other mobile networks to Jio before Dec 31, 2016. Once that period ends, the Jio users can enjoy free voice calls using the Jio 4G data packs.
So, if you’re really excited about the Reliance Jio offers, then all you need to do is to switch from your current Telecom service provider to the new Jio 4G network with MNP service.
To enjoy the Jio HD voice call service to its full potential, get the best 4G VoLTE supported phone.
How to use MNP to Port Your Number to Jio 4G?
In order to port your mobile number to Reliance Jio 4G SIM, you’ll need to follow the below steps carefully.
- Send an SMS from your current mobile, which you wanted to port to Jio, in the below format. PORT Mobile Number to 1900.
Ex: PORT 9999999999 to 1900
- Once the message is sent successfully, you’ll receive another SMS with your Unique Port Code (UPC), which is valid for the next 15 days.
- Now, go to your Play Store > download the MyJio app and generate the offer code.
- Next, go to your nearest Reliance Digital Store or any Jio Retailer and ask for the Jio MNP application form.
- Fill the details and submit the required documentary proofs (Xerox) like Aadhaar Card, Passport Size Photo along with the UPC and Offer Code.
- Reliance, after implementing the Jio eKYC signup, will issue a new Jio 4G SIM card immediately.
- The new Jio SIM card will be activated after 5-7 days. Until, then you’ll have to use your old mobile network’s service.
- On the 5th or 6th day, you’ll notice that your old network signal is missing on your device. This implies that your current number has been successfully ported to Reliance Jio network. Just replace your old SIM with the new Jio 4G SIM (provided by the retailer).
That’s all friends! Your Jio SIM has been activated and you can use the unlimited data and free voice calls by recharging with the best Jio 4G data packs available.
Reliance Jio MNP Process: Tips to Remember before Porting your Number
- You don’t have to pay anything except Rs.19 for the process to get done.
- There is no charge for issuing you a new Jio 4G SIM card. If anyone (retailer) tries to charge you for it, don’t believe them. They’re just looting your hard earned money. Ask them to show you the proof whether they really got the permission from the Jio network services to sell the SIM cards.
- The above MNP portability process is same for all the network providers.
- Airtel to Jio Portability
- Idea to Jio MNP
- BSNL to Jio Port
- Docomo to Jio MNP
- Vodafone to Jio Number Portability
- Don’t forget to carry the original copy of your Aadhaar card along with the xerox copy and a passport photo.