An excellent alternative for bulky DSLRs is a mirrorless camera. These are quite compact and lightweight. In this article, we will mention some of the Best Mirrorless Cameras in India that you can buy right now. But, before investing in a camera, there are some essential factors that you must consider:
- Sensor: In cameras, you get a choice to choose from APS-C sensors and full image sensors. A full-frame sensor offers a larger field of view, better low light performance and better bokeh when compared to a cheaper APS-C sensor. You should also check the resolution of the sensor like 20 MP or 24 MP.
- Shutter Speed: The shutter speed decides the amount of light that must enter into the lens. All cameras offer a shutter speed range of 1/4000 second to 32 seconds or 1/8000 seconds to 2 minutes according to your needs.
- Aperture: Cameras with a higher aperture kit lens has a more shallow depth of field with a slightly better low light performance. On the other hand, a smaller aperture offers the opposite results. You will see the aperture rating of a kit lens in f-stop units like f/3.5 or f/1.8, where f/1.8 is better.
- ISO sensitivity: In low lighting conditions, the ISO sensitivity should be more so that the sensor can capture more details. And, in case of good lighting conditions, lower ISO sensitivity comes into play. You can find an ISO range in cameras like ISO 200 to ISO 3200 or ISO 100 to ISO 25600 in higher-end mirrorless cameras.
In case of any doubts, you can have a look at the complete Buying guide for Mirrorless cameras that you will find below in this article. Make sure to go through it once so that you can buy the best suitable camera for you.
Best Mirrorless DSLR Cameras in India: 2020
|Fujifilm Mirrorless Camera
|CHECK ON AMAZON
|Sony Alpha Mirrorless Camera
|CHECK ON AMAZON
|Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Camera
|APS-C CMOS sensor
|CHECK ON AMAZON
|Panasonic Mirrorless Lens Camera
|Micro Four Thirds
|CHECK ON AMAZON
|Canon EOS M100 Mirrorless Camera
|CHECK ON AMAZON
|Canon EOS M100 Camera
|APS-C CMOS sensor
|CHECK ON AMAZON
|Olympus Mirrorless Camera
|CHECK ON AMAZON
Best Mirrorless DSLR Cameras in India: Reviews
Among the professionals, Fujifilm is a well-known brand as most photographers prefer it for still shooting. Fujifilm is quite a good option for you if you want a reliable camera that too with awesome build quality. Also, Fujifilm cameras are best suitable if you are going to make casual videos using your camera.
We have the Fujifilm X-T100, which is a mirrorless camera. We have this on 1st position on or list because of the features it provides and also it has a very premium quality as we compare it to other cameras on this list. The 24.2 MP camera will capture amazingly sharp and clear pictures for you. Moreover, as it is a mirrorless camera, it is quite compact so you can easily carry it around.
Apart from that, it APS-C sensor gives it the ability to shoot 4K videos, and the picture quality is quite good. Also, it comes with the XC15-45mm lens kit included in the package. The optical zoom this provides you is 3X and you do get an LCD screen which is of 3 inches in size. The weight of the camera is 1.45 Kgs. It is a great option to pick as it offers excellent color science and produces images with accurate colors.
Video Resolution: You can shoot videos up to 4K resolution.
- Excellent Color Science: With the Fujifilm X-T100, you get a great dynamic range in all the pictures and colors are quite accurate. Moreover, the color accuracy is so good that most photos do not require post-processing.
- Fast Autofocus: The autofocus of the X-T100 is quite great as well. It can be easily compared to the high-end Sony cameras as well. With many focus points, it gives a massive advantage over other cameras and provides users with fast and responsive autofocus technology.
- Bluetooth Low Energy Technology: The Fujifilm X-T100 comes with the Bluetooth Low Energy technology in-built, which you can use to transfer videos and pictures to any other device like mobile or laptop over Bluetooth seamlessly. It consumes very less battery power as well.
Warranty and Customer Support: Fujifilm provides a brand warranty of 2 year with its cameras. In case you face any issues with your X-T100, you can easily contact Fuji at the mobile number.
Contact Number: 0124-432-5500
Also, you can contact the support via emailing them or by clicking on the link given below.
- Very compact in size
- Easy to handle
- Good choice for beginners
- Best for still photography
- Fantastic color science
- Fabulous Dynamic Range
- 4K recording is limited to 15 FPS
- Included lens is motorized, not functional manually.
The Fujifilm camera can perform best for professionals as well as the new buyers. As it is compact and highly portable, you can carry it anywhere with you. The best part about the camera is its in-build Fujifilm profiles, which help you take the best possible shot. Moreover, the color accuracy and dynamic range of this camera are good enough to produce pictures that do not require post-processing in most cases.
Sony might be a worthy brand for your camera purchase as you know it is a well known and famous brand which produces a lot of other electronic gadgets as well. Apart from that, most camera sensors that we usually see in digital cameras, as well as mobile cameras, are from Sony itself. So, you can be assured that you will find one of the best camera sensors in the Sony cameras.
The Sony Alpha A6000L is on the 2nd place on our list as it one of the best cameras that you can pick for more natural photography. The 24.3 MP APS-C CMOS sensor provides users with some crisp and clear shots. Also, if we talk about the video resolution, you can record videos up to Full HD resolution without an issue. As it is a mirrorless camera, you will not get to see any viewfinder here.
This camera from Sony does capture amazing pictures in low lighting conditions due to the wide range of ISO from 100-25600. For image processing, it is equipped with Bionz X and has 179 autofocus points for a fast and seamless change of focus. Also, you get 10X optical zoom in this camera. Inside the package, you also get a 16-50mm lens and a carry case as well. The camera unit is very lightweight and only weighs 345grams.
Sensor: The Sony Alpha A6000L has an APS-C CMOS sensor with 24.3 MP.
Video Resolution: You can record videos up to Full HD resolution with this camera.
- Compact and Portable: As this is a mirrorless camera, you will not find it bulky like other DSLR cameras. This gives a huge advantage over other cameras as it is quite compact and effortless to carry anywhere. No matter where you go, put this in the carry case and take it with you.
- Good Low Light Performance: Sony is known for its best in class camera sensors and other technologies. In the case of this Alpha A6000L, it has an APS-C CMOS sensor, and the camera has a wide range of ISO sensitivity. It offers a wide ISO range of ISO 100 to ISO 25600 as well. Hence, you can get some beautiful shots at night as well as in low lighting conditions.
- Amazing Autofocus technology: The Alpha A6000L provides users a great shooting experience as it can switch its focus between 179 autofocus points. Hence, it will not be an issue for you to take quick shots whenever you spot something interesting. It will focus automatically and get you a perfect shot.
Warranty and Customer Support: The Sony Alpha A6000L comes with a brand warranty of 2 years and the warranty period starts from the date of purchase.
In case you have any issues with the camera or you want to avail the warranty, you can contact Sony Customer Support by making a call to the given toll-free number or by clicking on the link below.
Toll-free Number: 1800-103-7799
- Highly portable
- Best performance in Low lighting
- Fantastic Autofocus
- Various Lens options available
- Highly detailed shots due to a large sensor
- No touchscreen
- Accessories and lenses are expensive
- Battery life could be better
- No support for 4K
If you are a frequent traveler, this camera will be too friendly for you. On the other hand, if you are someone who needs a camera to shoot videos, this camera will be an excellent pick for you as it provides great low light performance and has fantastic color profiles. However, the major drawback of this camera is that it does not have support for 4K which the users do expect at this price range.
Canon is quite popular for making high-quality DSLR cameras. But, these days, Canon is also advancing and it has started to produce mirrorless cameras as well. Canon cameras are a reliable option for beginners as well as professionals as they provide great picture quality at a reasonable price point.
And, this Canon EOS M50 mirrorless camera is on 3rd place on our list because of its high-quality picture production and reasonable price. As we talk about its sensor, it carries a 24.1 MP CMOS sensor, which allows you to take beautiful pictures and you can record videos up to 4K resolution at 24 FPS as well. With the camera, you also get a 15-45 mm lens, so you can expect to capture some fantastic pictures from this camera.
This camera is an excellent pick for the people who love to carry around their camera everywhere. As it is a mirrorless camera, this camera is very compact and highly portable as well. Also, its 143 autofocus points help you shoot videos and pictures quickly and clearly. And, in terms of weight, we can say it is quite lightweight as it weighs 388 grams. For connectivity purposes, you get support for NFC, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth as well.
Sensor: The Canon EOS M50 has a 24.1 MP CMOS sensor.
Video Resolution: You can record videos in 4K resolution at 24 FPS using the Canon EOS M50 mirrorless camera.
- 4K video recording support: As the camera is available at an affordable price range, most of the other cameras offer video recording up to Full HD resolution. But, with the Canon EOS M50 mirrorless camera, you get the functionality to record videos in 4K resolution as well at 24 FPS.
- Advanced image processing and quality: As well all know, Canon is famous for producing crisp and clear shots with a great color accuracy and excellent color science. Hence, you will get the shots that are going to be quite similar to the real world. Also, the CMOS sensor with 24.1 MP complements the image quality.
- Small size and stylish design: THe Canon EOS M50 mirrorless camera is an excellent option for carrying around while traveling. Having a stylish design and one of the smallest one on the market makes it one of the best compact cameras out of all on the list.
Warranty and Customer Support:
Canon provides a brand warranty of 2 years for the EOS M50 mirrorless camera. In case you want to avail the warranty or having any issues with the camera, you can contact Canon customer support using the toll-free number given down below. Otherwise, you can also contact Canon via emails. The support page link is given below as well.
Toll-Free Number: 1860-180-3366
- Stylish Design
- Compact size
- Offers 4K video recording at 24 FPS
- Easy to use for beginners
- Excellent Color Science
- Battery life could have been better
- No support for traditional lenses without an adapter
- 4K videos are slightly cropped out.
Canon has a variety of cameras that are available at different price points in India. But, with the M50 mirrorless camera, you will be able to carry it anywhere as it is small in size and really easy to handle. Also, not every other camera has the functionality to record 4K videos, so this can be a great option for professional video makers. Along with that, you get sharp and high-quality pictures with the help of Canon’s excellent color science.
Another famous Camera brand that you will come across in the market is Panasonic. Panasonic produces a lot of cameras and various accessories for them as well. Apart from that, this brand has great trust in the heart of Indian buyers as the products are very reliable.
We can say that it is one of the best and reliable options for everyone out there because of the features that it has to offer. It might be hard for you to find a camera that can provide 4K video recording for the price that the Panasonic LUMIX G7 demands. Also, being a mirrorless camera, you get a variety of options in the accessories department as well, making it a compatible tool for still photography and video making as well.
The Panasonic LUMIX G7 provides a great performance in the low light conditions as well. Even though it has a micro four thirds sensor, it comes with an ISO range of ISO 200 to ISO 25600. Moreover, the autofocus technology of this camera is up to the mark too. The 16 MP m4/3 sensor helps you to take beautiful shots using this camera. Apart from that, you do get a flip-out touchscreen on this camera. So, it can give you a massive advantage while recording videos and you get all these features in this compact and stylish package.
Sensor: The Panasonic G7 uses a 16MP m4/3 sensor, and it has 49 autofocus points.
Video Resolution: The G7 offers you a video resolution of up to 4K 2160p, which records video at 30 FPS.
- Multiple Lens Options: The G7 uses a micro four-third sensor, which is quite common among DSLR cameras. Hence, there is a great possibility that you will get many lens options to choose from. However, it does come with a lens kit, but if you are not satisfied with that lens, you can always choose another one from the market as the G7 is compatible with most lenses out there.
- Fairly Small and Stylish: The G7 is not on the bulkier side as it is a mirrorless camera, so you can easily take with you while traveling. Moreover, as it is small, you can use it to make Vlogs and record other video content with it. Also, you get a good amount of grip to hold this camera. Apart from that, it has a decent battery life which makes it more suitable for video production.
- Great for Video making: The Panasonic G7 can be a great option for you if you want a decent camera for video recording. At this price point, it might be hard for you to find a camera that can record 4K videos at 30 fps. Apart from that, it is small and compact and highly portable as well. And, the battery life is also decent making it a reliable machine for video recording.
Warranty and Customer Support: Like most of the other mirrorless cameras on the market, Panasonic LUMIX G7 has a warranty of 2 years as well. To avail the warranty, if you face any issues with your G7, you can contact Panasonic by visiting their webpage or you can also send an email. The link to the support page is down below. Also, you can make a call on their Toll-Free number.
Toll-Free Number: 1800-103-1333
- Great for video production
- Support for 4K video recording at 30 FPS
- Great button placement and easy to handle
- Variety of lens options available to choose from
- Battery life is good as compared to other cameras at this price
- Does not support slow-motion videos
- In-body stabilization for videos is not there
The Panasonic LUMIX G7 is a great option if you are looking for a camera for video production purposes. With great battery life, you can use it to record videos without any worries. Also, you get the functionality to record 4K videos at 30 FPS which a lot of other competitors lack, so it is another excellent advantage of this camera. Moreover, it is quite lightweight and small in size, so you can use it to make Vlogs as well. On the other hand, you can use it for still photography as well whenever you want.
As we know, Canon is quite famous for making digital cameras. And, the EOS lineup has a lot of DSLRs and mirrorless cameras as well. From the line-up, we have this EOS M100 which is a mirrorless camera. When you take a glance at the design of this camera, you will notice that it is one of the best looking designs. Apart from that, it does carry some fantastic features as well
The Canon EOS M100 uses a 24.2 Megapixel CMOS APS-C Sensor with a bit depth of 14 bits. The picture quality of this camera can compete with the high-end cameras seamlessly. Inside the package, you will also find a 15-45mm Lens along with it, which is quite good and probably enough for beginners to start off with. The M100 has a 3-inches display which is operable by touch as well.
This camera is quite good for video recording, but it lacks 4K video recording which a buyer expects at this price point. But, it offers you a great quality in Full HD resolution. The compact design makes it suitable to carry along while traveling to capture the best moments of your life. Being a lightweight camera, it is highly portable as it only weighs 304 grams. For connectivity and file transfers, you get the flexibility to use NFC, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi as well.
Sensor: The Canon EOS M100 uses a 24.2 Megapixel CMOS APS-C Sensor.
Video Resolution: You can record videos up to Full HD 1080p resolution using the M100.
- Good for Video Production: At this price point, you will surely get the function to record videos in Full HD 1080p resolution, which is great for video content generators. Also, it has a 3 inches LCD which can tilt at an angle of 180 degrees so the person at the front can see it while recording. This can be a lot useful for those who make video content for YouTube, or Vlogs as well.
- Small Size and Easy to handle: This mirrorless camera from Canon’s EOS lineup offers a great picture quality. Even beginners can use it easily as button placements are excellent, and the user interface is also fantastic. On the other hand, the small size makes it suitable to carry around.
- Great Value for Money: The Full HD recordings from this camera are far better than any other Full HD cameras on the list. So, this is an excellent pick if you are not looking for the budget model.
Warranty and Customer Support: As you know, Canon always provide a great after-sales service to all buyers. The Canon EOS M100 has a warranty period of 2 years. However, in case of an issue, you can contact Canon Customer Service using the Toll-Free number given below. Also, you can email them; the link to the support page is:
Toll-Free Number: 1860-180-3366
- Excellent value for money
- Decent image and video quality
- Easy to handle
- Good for beginners
- Fantastic Autofocus
- Lacks 4K video recording
- Slightly expensive
For the photography and videography enthusiasts out there, the M100 can be a great option to choose if you are fine with the max resolution of 1080p as it provides great stabilization in 1080p recordings. Apart from that, it is quite small and easy to handle as the ergonomic design helps new users to learn as the button placements are quite apt. The 3 inches screen is a touchscreen that can tilt at an angle of 180 degrees which can be a lot helpful while recording Vlogs and videos for YouTube.
And, again we are here with the same camera as the previous one on the list, but it does come with a fantastic additional lens which you can use to take some great shots using it.
This is the same Canon EOS M100 camera, which we discussed earlier. It uses a 24.2 MP APS-C CMOS sensor with a bit depth of 14 bits. Apart from that, you get a video resolution of 1080p from this camera. It is an excellent option for videography due to its fantastic autofocus technology and brilliant stabilization while recording in Full HD resolution.
Also, a great option for still photography as its ISO sensitivity ranges from 100 to 25600, which can provide you some great low light performance. Along with that, you get an EF-M 15-45 is STM and EF-M 55-200 is STM Lens in the package, which you can use to make some great long-range shots using its 13X optical zoom.
Sensor: The Canon EOS M100 uses a 24.2 MP APS-C CMOS sensor.
Video Resolution: You can record videos up to Full HD 1080p resolution using the M100.
- Excellent for Still Photography: As the camera is good in color science and provide a great dynamic range as well. The telephoto lens, along with it, can be used as a great advantage to take the long-range shots. The picture quality is very sharp and crispy. So, in terms of photography, it can be a great option to choose if you are a beginner.
- 13X optical Zoom: As an additional lens is included in the box, which uses Canon EF-M mount to attach the EF-M 55-200 is STM Lens. This lens can provide you a great optical zoom of up to 13X. Hence, you can easily take some better quality shots using the M100. This lens is one of the best lenses that is compatible with the M100. Also, the size of the lens is quite compact like the camera unit itself.
- Great Low Light Performance: The camera is well equipped with technology and features. We can say that it is a great option to choose as it provides a great image and video quality in low light conditions as you can adjust between a wide range of ISO sensitivity, which is 100-25600. Also, the DIGIC 7 processor and 49 autofocus points will help you take the picture with great accuracy.
Warranty and Customer Support: For the camera, Canon provides a warranty period of 2 years. Although, In the case of an issue, you can contact Canon Customer Service using the Toll-Free number given below.
Toll-Free Number: 1860-180-3366
- Great for photography and videography
- Very compact and Lightweight
- Additional Lens provides 13X optical zoom
- Excellent Low Light Performance
- Fantastic Autofocus
- Lacks 4K recording ability
- The hinge of the flash mechanism is slightly weak
If you are looking for a camera which is thin, lightweight, and provides a decent image quality as well as video quality. This camera might work for you as it is a complete package. It comes with an additional telephoto lens as well, which provides you max optical zoom of 13X. So, if you want a complete beginner package, you can go with this Canon EOS M100 with EF-M 15-45 is STM and EF-M 55-200 is STM Lens Kit.
Olympus is yet another good brand if you are looking for mirrorless cameras. There are a lot of good cameras in the market from Olympus. Out of them, we have picked up a great performing mirrorless camera as it fits perfectly in our list of best mirrorless cameras. The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III has some pretty great features to offer to its buyers.
The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III uses a 16.1MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VIII Image Processor for providing you a crispy image quality. Moreover, this camera is a potent package for those who want to make a good investment on a mirrorless camera. It has the support for 4K UHD recording as well at 30 FPS. Also, it has a separate clip recording mode for better experience.
For stabilization, it uses In-body 5 axis image stabilization, and you get amazing experience with the 121-Point Contrast-Detect AF System. For connectivity, you get an option to share files over Wi-Fi network so you can easily connect it to any laptop or mobile and share files. In the package, you get a compact M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ Lens which provides a versatile 28-84mm equivalent zoom range.
Sensor: Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III uses a 16.1MP Live MOS Sensor with 121 autofocus points.
Video Resolution: You can record video up to UHD 4K 2160p resolution at 30 FPS with this camera.
- Fantastic 4K recording: Olympus does provide you a great experience while shooting 4K UHD videos. So, for the content creators, the Mark III can be a great choice to pick. Also, the sensor provides a crisp video quality, and image stabilization function complements the videos.
- Great for Videography: As the camera has many features like image stabilization, 4K UHD recording, and many autofocus points, it is a complete package for video content creators. And, it does come with a 3 inches display that can tilt as well. Hence, it is a good choice if you want to record videos.
- Excellent Low Light performance: As it is good for video making, it does perform well in photography as well. It has great autofocus points, and the ISO sensitivity of the sensor ranges from 100-25600 which is great to adjust while taking shots in low lighting conditions.
Warranty and Customer Support: Unlike other cameras on the list, this camera from Olympus comes with a brand warranty of 1 year only. However, the build quality is quite good, but still, if you face any issues with the camera, you can contact the Olympus customer support via the toll-free number.
Toll-Free Number: 1-888-553-4448
- Great for Videography
- 4K UHD recording at 30 FPS
- Excellent Autofocus
- Great ISO Settings
- Fairly built design
- Slightly Expensive
- The resolution could have been better at this price
The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III provides a great experience to those who are looking for a complete package, especially for recording videos. As compared to other cameras, it is one of the best cameras that provide UHD video recordings at a resolution of 2160p at 30 FPS. The overall build quality of the camera is rigid and robust. You can surely pick this one if the budget is not an issue for you.
Buying Guide for Mirrorless Cameras
There are various factors that an individual must consider before making this investment. Because many cameras are available and they all come at different prices. While some cameras serve best for video recording. On the other hand, some serve best for still photography. And, here we are discussing mirrorless cameras.
Well, these cameras are the same as the traditional DSLR cameras, but the only difference here is that mirrorless cameras do not use the mirror system. The mirror system is used to reflect the image through the mirror that is placed in front of the sensor to the viewfinder. But, if there is no mirror mechanism involved, and the image falls directly onto the sensor. It results in a compact camera that is as powerful as a traditional DSLR.
So, in this buying guide, we are going to discuss the essential factors that a person should check before buying the best suitable mirrorless camera.
1. Lens Systems
Mirrorless cameras are quite powerful in providing good quality images as we compare them to the compact point-and-shoot cameras. One of the main reasons that mirrorless cameras are good is the flexibility to have interchangeable lenses. Unlike point-and-shoot cameras, mirrorless cameras do not have a fixed lens. Hence, you can change lenses according to the shot you want to capture.
There are a number of lenses available in the market that you can choose for your camera according to your preferences. You get options to choose from a zoom lens, telephoto lens, prime lens, specialty lens, Macro lens, and a wide-angle lens.
Hence, it is quite flexible to take pictures using the best suitable camera. However, most lenses are to be chosen which are compatible with your mirrorless camera. But, in case you have some old lenses, you can look for an adaptor as well so that you can use your old lenses with your mirrorless camera.
With the use of a proper lens, you can have proper control over the focal lengths and optical zoom, which is quite challenging to achieve with a normal point and shoot camera. This can help you a lot if you want a great looking bokeh effect while focusing on the object.
2. Sensor Size
It will be a lot easier for you to choose a mirrorless camera if you have a little knowledge about the camera sensors. Well, we can differentiate between camera sensors based on their size. Most mirrorless cameras come up with an APS-C sensor or a micro four-thirds sensor. The larger size sensor is expected to take much higher quality pictures.
There are full-frame sensors but they are mostly available in traditional DSLR. And, they are only available in high-end mirrorless cameras as of right now. Consider that the full-frame sensors are the largest in size, and micro four-thirds sensor cameras have the smallest sensor. Hence, the APS-C sensor falls somewhere in the middle of the Full-frame and a point and shoot. On the other hand, a micro four-thirds sensor falls in between an APS-C sensor and a point-and-shoot.
A larger sensor is responsible for capturing more details and providing a noise-free picture, and larger sensors perform well in low light conditions. So, if you are someone who likes to play with low lighting, you must consider buying a full-frame sensor for best results or at least an APS-C sensor. You also get a better shallow depth of field while using a full frame camera.
Viewfinders like traditional DSLRs are harder to find on a mirrorless camera. A traditional DSLR has an optical TTL (through-the-lens) viewfinder. It means that mirrors are used to reflect the light that is coming through the lens to the viewfinder so that you can see what’s the lens capturing. In the case of mirrorless cameras, you won’t find such a mirror setup. As a result, they are so thin and compact.
So, to compensate for the lack of a viewfinder, mirrorless cameras use an electronic viewfinder, or you can call it EVF as well. Some mirrorless cameras use the digital screen at the back only. While some cameras have a dedicated EVF. Well, it might count as a disadvantage of mirrorless cameras as there might be some delay in showing the real-life moments in the EVF. But, as the technology is getting better, that delay is getting lesser.
Apart from that, an EVF also consumes that batter life as well, just like the LCD. However, the EVF has its advantages as well. You can get a better idea of the focus of the camera. It is way easier to adjust camera settings using an EVF. Unlike optical TTL, and EVF can give you a better preview of the final image.
Autofocus is another major factor that comes into play while choosing a good mirrorless camera. If we talk about the traditional DSLRs, they generally use the phase-detection technique to detect the object and focus on it properly. The phase-detection method uses the mirror in the camera which divides the incoming light and distinguishes between them to focus properly on the object.
On the other hand, in mirrorless cameras, as there is no mirror involved, a new way of focusing is used. Mirrorless cameras use contrast detection method to detect the focus on the object. It measures the contrast between the pixels of the image and figures out if the object is in focus or not. But, there is one drawback of this technology, it is slightly slower in speed as we compare it to the phase-detection system.
However, these days, mirrorless cameras with hybrid autofocus technology are available in the market. The cameras which use contrast detection technique are hard to use in low light conditions. Hence, if you want to use the camera in low light conditions as well as you want one with better and faster autofocus, a hybrid autofocus camera will work best for you.
5. Video Recording
If you are currently using a point and shoot camera to shoot and record videos, then upgrading to a mirrorless camera is going to give you a whole new experience. Mirrorless cameras provide a lot of advantages over the point and shoot cameras in terms of video recording. The first main factor is the video quality; you will be able to record videos up to 4K using some mirrorless cameras. The frame rate of the video that you are recording is also quite important. Most common frame rate options include 24, 30, 60, and 120 fps.
Moreover, point and shoot cameras do not allow you to control focus, but using a mirrorless camera, you can have seamless control over the focus and aperture, so you can easily record moving objects without losing the focus. You can use a normal DSLR as well, but in the case of videography, a compact camera is much better as they are lightweight and easier to handle.
6. Wireless Functionality
A camera with a wireless functionality is much more convenient to use as you don’t need to carry those strangled data cables along with you all the time. There are various famous brands that you will find on the market, use a separate app that you can install on your laptop or mobile phone, and share data over a Wi-Fi network or a Bluetooth connection.
It is quite convenient as you can easily transfer the files on the go if you run out of storage space on the camera memory card. Some advanced cameras do have a functionality of Near Field Communication, which you basically know as NFC. If your device is NFC enabled and your camera as well, you can put the close and it will be helpful in sharing files easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
A normal DSLR camera basically has a setup of mirrors in front of the camera sensor. When light falls into the lens, it passes through the lens and falls on the mirror. The mirror reflects the light above so that it could reach to the viewfinder as well. So, we can see an almost identical representation in the viewfinder of what the lens is seeing. But, in the case of mirrorless cameras, there is no setup of mirrors that reflect the light to the viewfinder. This helps in making the camera more thin, compact and lightweight. And, hence mirrorless cameras use an electronic viewfinder instead.
A mirrorless camera is as flexible to use as a normal DSLR camera. Yes, you can change lenses of a mirrorless camera. But, before buying a camera lens, do make sure that the lens is compatible with your model of mirrorless camera. Some brands, like Panasonic and Olympus, use the same kind of sensor and lens mount mechanisms. So, you can check if the lens is compatible or not. Also, if you have some old lenses lying around, you can buy a separate adapter that will help you attach those old lenses to your mirrorless camera.
Battery life of the camera basically depends on how you use it. Generally, all cameras provide a decent battery life, but if you are an extensive user, you might need some extra batteries always in your bag. If your usage is normal, and you use it to capture images only, you might need to carry at most 2 batteries. However, if you use your camera for videography, and that too in Full HD or 4K resolutions, it might consume a lot of battery life. So, you will have to keep at least 4 batteries along with you.
You will find some mirrorless cameras which can record videos up to 4K UHD resolution, and in the budget segment, almost all cameras can record up to Full HD resolution. But, if you are recording a video for your personal use and you have a 4K resolution screen to watch it. Then you can use your camera for 4K recordings. Apart from that, mirrorless cameras record videos in 4K at max 30 FPS. Hence, if you need a brilliant quality video with higher frame rates, you can record in Full HD resolution.
The Indian online market has many options and sometimes it gets confusing for the customers to choose a product for themselves. Something similar will happen with you if you search for mirrorless cameras online. But, we have included some of the best available options for you above. While some cameras are primarily for videography, some perform quite well in the photography area. Even if you have prior knowledge about cameras, choosing one from lots of options is not easy. Hence, here are some of our recommendations from the above list of cameras:
- On the list, we have placed this camera on the 1st position as well. We are talking about the Fujifilm X-T100 24.2MP Mirrorless Camera here. For the budget buyers, who are looking for a camera that performs decently in photography as well as videography. As it is the most affordable camera on the list, it does not lack any essential features. Although, it does have support for 4K recording which even its much pricier competitors do not provide.
- On the other hand, if you want a camera primarily for video recording, you can go with the Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7KGW-K 4K Mirrorless Camera. This camera is an excellent choice for videographers as it can record videos up to 4K resolution and Full HD videos are too brilliant. This camera is quite popular among the professional filmmakers and most of them use it as their B-roll camera as well. Apart from that, it is quite lightweight and compact as well which makes it best suitable for any filmmaker.
- In case the budget is not an issue for you, and you are looking for a camera that is good at everything, we suggest you pick Canon EOS M100 with EF-M 15-45 is STM and EF-M 55-200 is STM Lens Kit. The Canon EOS M100 is quite a good camera and provides a fantastic low light performance. The Full HD video quality of this camera is best as we compare it to other competitors. However, this camera is primarily for still photography, so the lack of 4K recording won’t be so affecting. Apart from that, it is a complete package as it comes with an additional lens that can provide you with a zoom length of up to 13X which is excellent for long-range shots.
Make sure to share your thoughts in the comments section. You can also post any questions down there if you have any!