Mobile caller tunes are actually introduced to replace the boring ‘Tring Tring’ sound that people hear when they call your mobile number. At first, people used to play any song or music as their caller tune. Later on, the caller tunes have been diversified into many forms and among those are the voice caller tune (dialogues).
Mobile carriers usually charge a nominal fee (~Rs.30 per month) to activate the caller tunes service for you. However, these days a lot of mobile networks are cheating people by automatically activating the caller tune service without even intimating the customer to make more money. If you’re one of those who has been cheated by your service provider or would like to deactivate your existing caller tune service, below are the steps you should follow.
P.S: The following caller tune deactivation process works for all the mobile networks such as Airtel, Idea, Vodafone, BSNL, Tata DoCoMo, Aircel, Uninor and Reliance Jio.
Also note that Jio is the only mobile carrier that provides free caller tunes service. But, if you still wanted to cancel or deactivate it for any other reason, follow the steps mentioned below.
How to Deactivate Caller Tunes or Hello Tunes For any Network in India?
- Airtel: There are three ways to deactivate Airtel hello tunes
- Call ‘543211808‘ (toll-free)
- Send an SMS by typing ‘STOP‘ (without quotes) to 543211
- Dial *678#
- Idea: You can deactivate Idea caller tune service either by calling ‘12345‘ or by sending SMS ‘DT DEACT‘ to ‘55456‘.
- Vodafone: To disable caller tune in Vodafone, just send an SMS ‘CAN CT‘ to ‘144’.
- Tata DoCoMo: SMS ‘STOP‘ to ‘543211‘ to deactivate your caller tune service on DoCoMo number.
- Reliance Jio: SMS ‘STOP‘ to ‘56789‘ to cancel hello tunes offer on your Jio 4G mobile.
- Aircel: Aircel also has got 2 ways to disable your caller tunes service.
- Call ‘53000‘
- SMS ‘DT DACT‘ to 53000
- BSNL: Send an SMS to BSNL number with the text ‘BT DCT‘ to deactivate the hello tunes service.
- Uninor: Unfortunately, Uninor hasn’t provided any SMS codes to cancel the caller tune. The only way is to call the customer care @ 121 (toll-free) and request for deactivation.
That’s it! No calls or SMS you sent will be charged. If you’re frustrated with the caller tunes service, simply get rid of it by sending the caller tune to deactivate SMS code to your mobile carrier.